Whats in the mirror

Yuta sighed. Training wasn't the same with Toge missing. Sure, it was nice to spend time with Maki and Panda, but he was worried about Toge. Maki had said that he was sick. Yuta was worried about his best friend!

Best friend. That wasn't right.

Yuta felt wrong calling him that. Maybe it felt wrong because of the truth. The truth was that Yuta really did love Toge. It felt awkward to admit to himself.

He was supposed to love Rika. Or maybe he was supposed to love Maki. Either way, it was supposed to be a girl. Not a boy like Toge. It always made Yuta scared. Thinking about how others may react.

Yuta sat off to the side as he watched Maki spar with Megumi. He sighed and glanced at Nobara, who seated next to him. Nobara was staring at him. It was kind of uncomfortable. Yuta laughed awkwardly and looked away.

"I have a question, Okkotsu." She finally said. Yuta nodded, encouraging her to ask. "Do you like Maki?" Nobara asked, a cheeky smile spreading across her face.

Yuta hesitated before answering. "Not as anything more than a friend." He declared with a smile. Nobara nodded.

"That's good. Cuz I like her." Nobara smiled and stood up. Yuta stared at her with wide eyes. She said nothing else before running over to Maki, wanting a chance to spar with her. Megumi noticed his wide eyes and raised an eyebrow at him. Yuta shook his head. He would never understand his underclassmen.

Yuta glanced over at Panda. Maybe it wasn't just the underclassmen he didn't understand. Maybe it was just classmates in general.

That was a lie. He understood Toge. Even though Toge had no words he could use, Yuta still understood him perfectly well. His small smiles, the way his eyes lit up...god, all of it.

Yuta couldn't lie, he admired Toge's beauty. Toge was so gorgeous. His violet eyes, his fluffy, white hair, his smooth skin...Yuta wished he was so pretty. Yuta hated a lot of his features. Especially his eye bags.

Toge said the opposite. Not said, but implied. One time, the pair had been in Yuta's room.

Yuta was fussing about the dark circles that stayed under his eyes- rambling about how much he hated them as he stared in the mirror. Toge rolled his eyes and moved next to him. Toge reached up and in one swift move grabbed Yuta's cheeks.

Yuta had no clue what to say or do in that moment. (Toge had such nice hands.) Yuta blushed and swallowed. Toge gently smiled at him. (God- that smile always knocked him out.) Toge had made his point. Yuta understood.

Yuta reached up and brushed his fingers over his eye bags. He was tired. But he had to train. He stood up with a huff and walked over to Maki. At least he had her.