Thirtern

Next on Kyasha's agenda was to finally mate with Muir. He had been so patient, waiting through her period and weeks after.

After Kyasha had explained to him that she will only mate with a male that she loves, Muir was all for waiting.

Having your mark close to your female heart was the goal of any male. And everyone knew that marks could not move after they were placed.

Which is the main reason that females having a mark on their chest was so rare. Almost no one saved time for a romance to build.

Instead they went straight from not knowing who the other was, to being mates.

When it finally came time for the mating, Kyasha wanted it to be personal. That means that during the first mating she didn't want anyone else in the room.

You would have thought that Kyasha was dying with how worried both her husbands were. Fortunately everything went really well.

As it turns out Muir is really big on words of affirmation. It must stem from not having someone for so long.

His mark was beautiful, it was his wing span spread out just under Kesha's breasts. Muir could not have been happier.

Afterwards the next couple days passed in a blissful state.

Just before dawn there was a knock at the door. The family was already up and out of bed.

Though Kyasha hated early mornings she couldn't resist this world. Where she could look out her kitchen window and see the morning light stream in through the trees.

The mist still clinging to the grass seemed to come alive and dance for the awakening sun. Where the flowers they had planted were still covered in due.

Where she could just lean against the butcher block counter sipping tea and not have a care in the world.

She knew that nothing would happen with her husband around, and unlike in her last life, alone and cold, she could relax.

That morning she decided to try her hand at a pancake recipe, it called for flour, sugar, salt, milk eggs and butter.

Kyasha had completely forgotten about butter. She had also not seen any in the market. To make up for it she had Winston help her.

The butter turn was rudimentary at best but it did the job. With how strong he was as well, he was done in less than ten minutes.

So by the time she had a big wooden bowl on the counter with all the other ingredients mixed in Curtis had finished.

If she had everything from her old house she would have sifted the dry ingredients together before mixing but it would be fine without it.

Just as she was scooping the mixture into the cast iron pans there was a knock on the door.

Handing Winston the bowl she told him to scoop even amounts of batter into the pan and wait for there to be bubbles on the top side before flipping the pancakes.

With her apron still on she made her way to the front door, Curtis meeting her half way. The look in his eyes told her she was not getting rid of him.

When they got to the door and opened it they found the ape king.

His eyes lit up at the sight of the female, but quickly frowned at the snake beast leaning on the door frame behind her.

"Ape king," Kyasha questions softly, "do you need something?"

His focus returned back to the small female in front of him, his smile returned. "You haven't been seen around the city lately, so I just wanted to make sure you were ok."