Chapter 4

♡Lovepreet♡
I want to look at the stage, but I'm way too scared. What if he's old? What if he's a serial killer? No, my parents wouldn't do that to me, right? Omg what's wrong with me ofcourse they won't do that to me.

"Love, are you okay?" Priya asks me while we are walking to the stage. "Yeah, I'm  fine." I say, trying to sound okay. Spoiler: I failed miserably.

"If you want to run away, tell me. I will arrange everything don't worry." Priya whispers so my mother, who is next to me, doesn't hear. "Tum dono kya khusser musser kar rahe ho?" My mom asks us while looking forward.

"Kuch nahi mummy hum to bas uhh soch rahe teh ke...." Oh god, I don't know what to say. "KE JIJU KITNA PYARA HAI." Priya screams out way too loud. She suddenly puts her tongue between her teeth and looks at me guiltily while I stare at her in shock. "I'm sorry I panicked and didn't know what else to say." She barely whispers.

Suddenly, I can feel everyone's gaze on us, and I scream internally. I finally get the courage to look at the stage. And I won't lie he's good-looking and not old, nor does he look like a serial killer... but I feel like I have seen him before.

☆Priya☆
I really shouldn't have said that. Correction: SCREAMED that. Now everyone is looking at us, and I see Love getting all red. But at least I know that my 'jiju' will be even redder than her later...

Anyways, after everyone stopped looking at us, I led Love to the stage. While setting her lehenga so it looks good, I can see how the guy next to my "jiju" is looking at me in the weirdest way possible.

"Love who's that?" I whisper to as quietly as possible. "How do you expect me to know, I don't even know the man next to me." She whispers back.

"I'm Karan Singh, a 26 year old doctor." The man next to Love who I thought couldn't speak suddenly spoke. "Omg, Love look, he talks!" I suddenly say. The guy next to "jiju" starts laughing.

"Bhai,aap ghunge kabsai hue?" He laughs even more. "Chup kar!" The "jiju" says. "Wait, you are THE Karan Singh. The best doctor known?" Love asks super surprised. "Wait, it's that guy you always read and talk about?" I say even more shocked now.

Love gives me the death stare, so I put my tongue between my teeth and bit on it. In my peripheral vision, I can see the two guys looking amused. "Ek din aapke mouth par meina tape lagadena hai." Love says starting to get red again.

"If you read about him, how did you not recognize him before?" The man next to "jiju" says. "I'm too stressed to think straight." Love says quietly. "But who are you?" I ask the man. "You don't know me?!".