- 𝟎𝟐

𝐒𝐓𝐀𝐘.🩰
Chapter 02

-

-

VINCENT ELROD

I woke up to the sound of Victor blaring music throughout the whole house. This is the second day in a row that he's done this. I'm starting to regret buying him that speaker for his birthday. "Victor turn that shit off! Didn't I tell you yesterday, that I was going to take away that speaker if you didn't stop?!" I yell out to my brother before I cover my head with a pillow.

I can hear the music getting closer and my brother's footsteps heading towards my room. "What are you talking about? You didn't tell me anything yesterday? You were asleep when I left the house yesterday morning."

I remove the pillow to see Victor leaning on the door frame of my bedroom. I sit up in my bed and furrow my brows at him. "Don't act dumb just it off." I pull the cover
off of me and move my legs to hang off the side of my bed. Victor rolled his eyes and turned his speaker off. "Whatever, I was heading out anyway." He says as he leaves the door.

I sigh shaking my head at his bad attitude once again and get off of bed to get ready for work.

-

I was just about to head home again when Victor texted me to bring him Chipotle once again. Who eats Chipotle 3 days in a row? It felt like everything was so oddly familiar today. I've been having major deja vu all day. Now I'm standing in front of my brother's dance company with a bag of food in my hand for the fourth time this week.

"I have to start telling this kid no." I sigh as I make my way into the building. I had the same, exact conversation with Mrs.Meyers, the same interaction with my brother, and now Mrs.Meyers was having the same conversation with me. Ok, either this is some major deja vu or I'm going crazy.

The elevator dinged behind me and I turned to see a group of girls in ballet outfits. I didn't pay much attention to them until one of the girls in the far back of their group gained my attention. I could barely see her face until she finally looked up from the ground when one of the girls spoke to her. Suddenly, it hit me. Her face brought back everything. This was not deja vu, I was living the same day. I may sound stupid, but there's no other answer.

"Excuse me, Ma'am. I have to go." I tell Mrs.Meyers without ever taking my eyes off the girl. When I made it outside the building, she had already crossed the street. I still didn't let her leave my site as I  quickly made my way across the street. "Excuse me!" I yelled out to her, but she didn't turn around. I sighed as I picked my pace up and tried to get closer to her. The streets were busy and it was a struggle getting around all these people.

I continued to yell out to her as she made her way down the street. To my luck, the crowds of people started to disperse the father I got. She had made it to a crosswalk and was already making her way across. I looked at the pole, seeing there was only 5 seconds left. I wasn't going to make it. "Excuse me!" I yell one last time at the top of my lungs hoping she could hear me through her headphones.

To my luck, she pauses in her steps removing her headphones as she turns around to hear where my voice is coming from. I wave her down leaving her with a confused expression. Before I can even say anything I hear a loud honking blaring from my right. There it was, that same heart-dropping feeling.

My mouth couldn't even open to warn the girl before the truck slammed into her, sending her flying farther into the streets. Everything went silent, my face went pale and my ears were bombarded with ringing. I fucked up. I fucked up really bad.

-
New chapter! I'm sorry for putting poor Vincent through all that trauma. Thoughts? 😭 ~ mae🤍