CHAPTER 26: ONE MEMBER LESS

Kiara could not comprehend what happened few moments before as she sat in the car. The entire scene replaying in her head where She sat along with her brothers at the table listening to the lady who invited Mr. Thompson on stage to give a welcome speech. Mr. Thompson took his leisure time to explain each and every detail about the jewelries displayed and finally concluded his speech with a thank you. He bowed a little to show his gratitude when all of a sudden, a sword came spiraling down from right above Robert's head and slashed right through his neck. His blood splashed all around. Mostly on her and her brothers who sat nearest to the stage. The beautiful white statue which she admired before was now dripping with his blood. There was a moment of silence in the hall before someone screamed somewhere. There was chaos all over; people could not understand what the hell happened suddenly. Mr. Thompson's head rolled and landed right at victor's feet while his body continued to struggle for few seconds before completely falling still. It was a traumatizing scene to watch. She sat there numb as the shouts blurred.

Someone grabbed her and pulled her down the chair. It was Lisa. She accessed kiara thoroughly before grabbing her hand and immediately escorting her to the SUV along with the youngest three brothers.

And here she was, sitting on the backseat between the twins while Kevin occupied the passenger seat and Lisa drove. She had wiped all the blood that covered Kiara as soon as she sat inside the SUV. But what about the dress? How will she wipe out the evidence of that gruesome scene from the dress which was now more red than pink? That gown will forever remind kiara of this whenever she will look at it. The gruesome scene can't be wiped away from her brain in the same way as this blood can't be wiped away from the dress.

It will forever be tainted. Her dress and her brain both......

She jerked away from her thoughts when a hand landed on her shoulder. She looked at Alex who was asking her something, his eyes reflecting concern.

"w-what?"

" I asked are you ok?" he repeated.

Kiara simply nodded in return and looked ahead. Where Alex and Aiden were shocked with the turn of events along with her, Kevin looked rather...worried. Kiara observed that Kevin spoke to Lisa, his expression tightened with tension and Lisa nodded every now and then.

Something really wrong is going on.

********

Victor looked at other members who surrounded Mr. Thompson's body in a circle. The members who were from nearby were also invited along with him. They were still in that hall where that gruesome murder happened. He turned and looked towards his son who laid near him. His eyes still reflected fear. In the matter of seconds, the whole Thompson family was destroyed. Mr. Thompson was actually the younger brother of Rikkard Thompson who died in an accidental plane crash two years ago. Since, he didn't had a child of his own; robert took his place and made his son Austin, his heir.

One more member less in elites. What the fuck is happening?!

"other members are demanding for an immediate meeting." James murmured in his elder brother's ear as they both watched thompson's bodies getting rolled out by the group of medics.

Victor simply nodded in return.

This is gonna be a long night.

*********