23| Breaking down..

Have a good read (⁠◍⁠•⁠ᴗ⁠•⁠◍⁠)
________

After few days

The sun arose and stood with all its glory in the sky as its sunrays blessed the Maratha kingdom.

A new morning, but the same sadness.

Everyone was silent. Unnati being in this situation for the first time was awfully scared. She was overthinking everything, she was scared that her Radha Tai was gonna be sad like this and would never return back to her old self. Baji tried his best to calm her down, and tried to comfort her but it didn't work.

The big gates opened as Radha's brother, Naroji made his way inside while his wife followed after him. They stepped in and saw the mood around the gad; it was very saddening. Naroji was nervous, he didn't know how to comfort his sister but with his wife's help he was believing in himself. They made their way to the room they were instructed to go to and sit down in. Soon, krishnaji joined them.

"Namaskar naroji-rao" the Yuvraj said his voice sounding smaller and hurt yet still maintained the princely authority.

"Namaskar.... radhika.." Naroji continued the conversation trying to know where his sister was.

"Yuvrajni, amchya mahalat ahe..tya yetil lach" he said as Radha's brother nodded.

(Yuvrajni is in our room...she'll be right here)

Everyone got up as Radha entered the room and stood beside Krishnaji joining her hands to greet her sister in law and brother. Her sister in law's eyes laced with tears as she saw radhika's depressed state, she made her way towards her tightly hugging her while radha reciprocated.

"Aau sahebani apnas sarvanna mandirat zaun bola asa aadesh dila ahe" Krishnaji said and nodded towards Radha as if asking her permission to leave. She nodded and they all made their way to the temple, Radha's head was down the whole time.

(Grand mother has ordered you all to talk in the mandir)

Looking at his sister's condition, Naroji's heart broke into a million peaces, it hurt him more than his father's death even though he knew it was gonna happen and had prepared himself for it. It felt like someone had backstabbed him and he was just leaving his body as all the bad doings in his life flashed before his eyes.

They made their way inside the mandir and prayed.

After some time, Naroji finnally decided to talk to his sister while his wife moved out giving them space.

"Radhika" he said looking at his sister's figure who was still praying as it snapped to him hearing her name.

Radhika the name ran through her mind, it hit something she has tried to avoid. She couldn't stop herself as a tear rolled down her cheeks looking at her brother. Naroji wiped the tear off.

"Radhika radu Nako" hearing such words Radha broke down.

(Radhika don't cry)

She had tried so hard to not let the tears leave. Her brother didn't talk to her most of the time, he was always distant. Usually the only people that called her radhika the most were her father and vaini-sa and after getting married she never heard the name again from the man that was her father figure. It hit something within her when her brother called her radhika, it reminded her of her father.

She saw her father, in her brother.

She hugged her brother as she broke down in tears and her brother hugged her back as small tears left his own eyes.