19

"Put the phone away, Thea". Frank says to me from where he's sat across the table in the bar we're at. It's probably the hundredth time I've checked within the last hour, but as it's the first time we've left Dolly, I can't help but worry, even if I know Roberta is more than capable of looking after her.

"Sorry, I just...I'm worried - what if she needs us".

"Who? Doll? Or Roberta?" He smirks and then reaches over, plucking the phone from my hands. "Relax, enjoy a night free from feeds and crying - because I don't know about you? But I really need to get drunk".

I feel bad. It's a first proper date night we've actually got around to having since we got together. Even though we've been sharing a bed with the odd touching here and there - nothing has gone beyond kissing yet, but now I need to get laid badly, especially seeing Frank shirtless night after night.

I take a long gulp of wine and try to relax, looking around the bar before my eyes land on someone.

Oh fuck.

"We need to leave". I say and get up, grabbing my jacket

"Dolly is fi..."

"No". I say firmly. "We need to leave, now". And jerk my head in the direction I've just been looking in.

Frank now sees just who is there. "You've gotta be fucking kidding me..."

"Please. Let's go before..."

Too late, because now the woman in question is looking our way, and the colour drains from her face.

Bonnie.

I can see in Frank's eyes a mixture of anger and hurt. The guy she's with is good looking, well dressed - clearly screaming money, and she's wearing a necklace that probably rivals the cost of the mortgage on Frank's home. People who didn't know the full story would say she's upgraded, but I really hope that she is miserable.

I tug on Frank's arm. "Don't...be the bigger person and leave".

He glances to me, places a kiss on my head and then slips his arm through mine. "Now I really need to get drunk". Then leading me away to the exit.

I look back to see Bonnie's look of shock and probably realisation, but I can't help but feel a little satisfaction. We get outside and walk a few paces before Frank stops and curses to himself. The anger he'd bottled up in the bar now exploding.

"Let's find another bar, plenty to choose from around here". I tell him.

As we go to walk, we then hear Bonnie call out behind us. "Frank?" Both of us turn to see her there, now looking at us both.

"Yeah?" He asks as she now walks up to us.

"Hi...erm..." she doesn't know what to say, and the guilt she holds is apparent. "Frank I'm sorry I left things the way I did".

He shrugs, but his words come out through gritted teeth, trying to keep himself calm. "It's fine, enjoy your new life". Turning, he begins to lead me away from her again.

"Did you, erm..." Bonnie's voice stops us again. "Did you give the baby up?" She now asks. I turn but Frank doesn't. He can't bear to look at her anymore. "To another couple?"

I shake my head. "Our daughter? No, we chose to raise her together, and because of that? She brought us together. You may have left us in the shit but no way was Frank about to do that to me too. He has morals. You might have a guy who buys you a fancy watch just because he felt like it? But Frank and Dolly? They are worth so much more than that. We're the family that he was meant to have". I gesture to him. "I think you'd best go back to your boyfriend". I tell her calmly and then take Frank's hand. "C'mon - let's go get drunk at home".

I'm now thankful that the kids are at Roberta's.

We get back and immediately Frank opens another beer and brings me a bottle of wine. "Get me drunk so I don't have to keep reliving what happened earlier in my mind".

I pour myself some wine and flop down on the couch. "I'm sorry that tonight was a shit show".

"No, it's my fault. I should've just ignored her and carried on walking". He waves it off and sits next to me.

"She'd have only followed anyway. Besides, she knows you've moved on now".

He looks over to me. "Thanks for saying what you did. I think it shocked her more to know that we were together with Dolly than it originally did seeing us together".

"She really thought we'd discard her? Just like that. That we'd give her away..."

"I know...makes me wonder whether she'd have walked out and left me high and dry with both the kids if she'd had stayed".

She would have. It's obvious. Then he'd have been alone...

We say no more about Bonnie and drink, listen to music and before I know it, the room is spinning. Probably it because I'm halfway through wine bottle number two. Frank is also going to wake up worse for wear tomorrow. He finishes another bottle, then looking across at me.

Damn. The look he's giving me right now is one that would probably sizzle my panties from me if that were even possible.

Without any hesitation, he leans in and kisses me, my hands slide around his neck and his now push their way up under my top to fondle my breasts.

This isn't where I want my first fuck with him to be. Not a drunk fumble on the couch. I want him railing me from behind while bending me over on the bed. I want him in the shower, I want...

"Bed. Now".

I don't need to be told twice.