Chapter 2- The Shadow

Anastasia Andrews:

Uncle Adam and Sarah were sitting across from me. We were in a nearby cafe just five minutes away from my apartment.

"I told you this area is not safe. Do you think anyone was following you?" Uncle Adam spoke softly.

"No, I haven't seen anyone following me. Plus I don't have enemies." I sniffed and wiped my tears from my eyes with tissue paper.

"Okay. I informed the cops and they're investigating this matter. Officer Colin will meet you tomorrow morning to ask for the details. And I told my secretary to move your important stuff to your new apartment." Adam spoke.

"I think I can stay with Sarah tonight and then I'll move back to my apartment tomorrow," I said hesitantly.

"Ana, please. Sarah can stay with you tonight. I'm not hearing any kind of excuses. You're moving into your new apartment tonight which is already well-decorated for you and that's final." Adam spoke softly but strictly.

"Yes, Ana. You can't just stay here anymore. What if people again do something like that?" Sarah agreed with Uncle.

"Okay." Finding no way, I nodded.

~

Around half an hour later, Uncle informed me that we were entering my new apartment's street.

But I couldn't find myself getting excited instead I was so scared of what happened that day.

Both sides of the street were full of giant trees and shrubs. And the most surprising thing was, I hadn't seen any building beside this long street except one tall building at the end of the street.

When the car stopped, Sarah and I got out of the car. As soon as we got out, we felt like we were going to freeze because it was so cold outside suddenly.

"Oh my God! It's not winter but why is this place so cold?" Sarah hissed.

She was wearing a half-sleeved black top and black jeans. I was still in the same dress I was wearing from the morning. I couldn't change it because of that bloody incident.

"Yeah. I was thinking so." I frowned.

When I looked around, I felt very uneasy because the area was dangerously calm and quiet like it was an abandoned area.

"This area is so weird, Uncle Adam. Is this area abandoned?" Sarah asked Uncle Jacob.

"Oh no, girls. You're thinking wrong. This place is surrounded by many trees so it's natural to feel cold. And this place is not abandoned. Your opinion will change when you enter the apartment." Uncle Adam chuckled.

When we entered the building, everything was dead silent. There was not a single creature around.

I thought it was normal as it was a newly constructed building and most of the apartments were empty.

I brushed off my uneasiness and tried to concentrate on the present.

When we reached the sixth floor, we got out of the elevator and started walking through a long hallway.

The hallway was also dimly lit as the parking lot. Everything in this building was weird.

Uncle Adam stopped in front of the first apartment, apartment no. 600 and pulled out a key from his pants pocket then unlocked the door.

"So this is your new apartment." Uncle Adam smiled as I smiled back.

Uncle Adam and Sarah entered first but when I was about to enter the apartment, I felt a cold breeze pass behind me with full force.