Chapter 1

It's not an easy road but it’s a path I chose.

I hate my boyfriend so much but if I ever left him, he'd crumble. He'd fall into the abyss, never to be seen again. He tries to act like a strong person, I guess he feels he has to considering his background but I know he's a decent person deep down.

"What would you do if I left? I mean, this isn't the life I dreamed on having, waking up to uncertainty and evil."

He's looking out into the city, Asgard looking marvelous and majestic. It's the one place where he feels betrayed and hated.

"You would never leave me Louise. You've announced your loyalty to me and now, you must repay with your life-long service as my soon-to-be wife."

I grunt instantaneously. Wife? I'm too young to get married and my family can't even be at my wedding even if I wanted to marry him.

"I miss my family, Loki. My mom, my dad, my best friend.... even my dog Roscoe. I miss the mountains and the snow. I'm not fit to be here."

He darts his eyes to mine. His eyes are a pale blue but turn to a slated green when he's agitated. A look I know all too well.

"THIS is your new home. Jotunheim. You belong here, there's plenty of that white snow you so dare to dream of once touching again. You ignorant quim, you will be my wife!!" He moves over to a crack in the wall, through it he shows me his birthplace - Jotunheim. The land of Frost Giants and his biological father, Laufey.

Honestly, I don't know why I didn't run into Thor instead; at least I'd be living in a beautiful city rather than a frosted shithole. But then again, Thor wouldn't force me to be with him either.

Loki walks over to me, grabbing my arm and pulling my body close to his. He bends down, his breath flowing across my neck. "You are mine, Louise. Nobody else can partake in your delectable taste." His grasp tightens and my arm begins to feel numb.

"Loki, you're hurting me. Please let go." His whole body stiffens as he takes in my scent. I grab a look at his face, which is a pale blue, his eyes now a dark green and a wicked smile plastered across his face. "LOKI, you a hurting me. LET GO!"

Just then, Thor walks in. "Brother! Let Lou go. NOW!" He throws his mjolnir towards Loki but the frost giant grabs it like clockwork with his freehand.

"Brother? I am not your brother, Thor. How many times must I repeat myself until your little Asgardian ass will remember?" Loki lets of his grip as I pull my arm away from him quickly. My arm is a light blue where Loki touched me, frozen almost. Not quite frost bitten.

Thor runs over to me, Loki awing out of the room in disgust. "Lou, are you okay?" He takes a peak at my arm. "Does my brother do this often?" I grab my bag below my feet and walk in the direction Loki vanished off to.

"No. I just made him upset. It's my fault, I shouldn't have brought it up."

"Brought what up?" Thor catches up to me. "Lou, you can tell me anything. Please?"

I stop. Tears start to well up in my eyes, my body was shaking. "It was stupid for me to ask him to let me go him for a while. It was my fault, he's too sensitive and get angry easily. It won't happen again."

I compose myself and try to find Loki.

He's sitting on the edge of the bed, a towel wrapped around his waist and water dripping from his jet-black hair. I pause for a moment, not sure of what I should say.

"I'm sorry, Lou. I over-reacted. You know how I get sometimes." His looks over at me, my body awkwardly leaning against the wall. His face was red, especially around the eyes. He's been crying.

He stands up; his 6'2" stature becomes elongated showing his lean torso. I jump slightly. A defense mechanism I've acquired since I met him two years ago. "I love you, Lou." He touches my arm slightly, the blue patch disappearing instantly.

"I'm sorry if I hurt you." I force a smile. He lifts my chin with one finger, our eyes latching on to another. They're back to a soft blue color. "It's okay."

He smiles. "Do you love me Lou?"

I try not to hesitate because in reality, I do love Loki. "Of course. I won't ever leave you, it was stupid of me to think I could go home."

"I'll go with you. We'll go together, visit your home." I let out a laugh. "What is so funny?"

"Loki, you despise Midgard."

"If I go with you, I can watch over you."

My mind goes blank. "I don't need a babysitter."

He smiles. "I can make sure no men try to hit on you." I roll my eyes and begin to laugh again. "No guys ever hit on me, Loki."

"You are a very attractive woman, Lou. Any man, who doesn't see you as fit, is an idiot. I don't want to lose you." He leans down and kisses me. His lips are warm but soft, like a stick of butter that was left out overnight.

"I know, Loki, I know." I walk to the bed and begin going through my drawers in my nightstand. Loki just stares at me, his arms crossed in front of him. "I'm very hungry, Lou."

"Then go get something to eat." I avoid eye contact. "I'm not hungry for food, dear. I'm hungry for you."

I start grabbing my lingerie to pack into my bag. If I'm going to be gone for a week I need at least a week's worth of clothes and this bag, is not very big.

"Lou, did you hear me?"

I look up at Loki, "I'm not in the mood. I need to pack for my trip home and if you're coming with me, then you need to as well. Perhaps you can dress normal for once? Last time we visited my parents, you scared my dog with your outfit."

Annoyingly he agrees. "I am a god. I dress like royalty."

"You're not the god of Midgard, remember? The Avengers? Wear some jeans and a t-shirt, you look good in them. Sexy."

He laughs. "I am always sexy, Lou. But for you, my dear, I will dumb down to your expectations."

This path I chose, the one to be with a self-confessed god? Yeah, that's definitely what I dreamed of.