Chapter 4

I was finally home, back with my family, my friends and the mountains. Loki had an unpleasant trip down here to Midgard, as he always does, but he sucked it up and at least pretended like he wanted to be here.

"It's pleasant seeing you again, Meredith." My mom latched onto Loki, hugging him tightly. He towered at least a foot over her but it was adorable seeing my mom greet Loki with open arms. My dad on the other hand, opted for the casual handshake.

"He's even more handsome than I remember," my mom whispered into my ear. It's true, he's grown magnificently; his hair was longer, more regale. When we first met Loki, his hair was cropped to his ears, he was jovial and bright and loved life, once he calmed down of course.

"Patrick, you daughter is a beautiful woman, I've seen her grow in all aspects - physically, emotionally and sexually, she keeps me in check." I glare at Loki, my eyes scolding him. My dad wasn't too sure what to say, if he should try to attack Loki or just play along. He was speechless.

"I think we had enough chit chat, Loki, babe, I'm tired. We should head to the room, check in, and settle down." He looks at me, smiling and nodding, "Of course, my dear. I'm completely tired." We left my parents, hugs and kisses, and headed to the hotel.

"Babe, it's not appropriate to talk to my dad about our sex life." I turn the page in the magazine I'm reading, Cosmo, a perfect magazine to get new ideas about how to pleasure your man. Some of this stuff is just absolutely crazy.

He grabs my hand, kissing in softly. "I'm sorry, I forgot. I'll try to be more normal." He adjusts his baseball cap, tucking his hair behind his ears. He looked good, really good. I wanted to jump him right then and right there but I don't think the cab driver wanted to see that.

I had to give him credit though, he absolutely hates Midgard but when he's here, he's a total gentleman. There's a glimmer of the Loki I met years ago, so caring and not controlled by this evil past. I've tried to convince him many times that maybe we should live here, in Midgard, but that conversation usually ends with an angry Loki and a couple new bruises, so I try to avoid it.

He had his moments, the ones that remind me why I fell in love with him, the moments that make me weak in the knees. Loki can be romantic, sexy and adorable but it's the moments, the ones where I piss him off, that unfortunately stay in the back of my head.

We race each other to our room, he taking the stairs while I hop on the elevator. When the elevator doors open, he's there smiling from ear to ear. "You're such a cheat, Loki." I should have known that he would use his powers to teleport himself to the room first.

"I never cheat, love." His smile gets bigger. He grabs my hand and the bags in his spare. The room was gigantic, like a suite. There were two bedrooms, the master bedroom being the closest to the front door. It had a huge bed, big enough for a would-be king such as Loki. Or so he says.

"I'm so happy to be home," I jump on the bed, the sheets crinkling at my every move. Loki shakes his head, "You're so immature sometimes." I stick my tongue out at him, teasing him. "Lou, your tongue could be used for something more pleasurable rather than mocking me. Don't make me come over there."

I jump higher and higher, my hands can touch the top of the ceiling. "Younger Loki would jump with me, then he'd try to make a move but he'd coward out and just compliment me on my everlasting beauty." He turns around, arms folded in front of him.

"Are you saying, I've changed? I compliment you every day, I kiss you every day, and I make love to you every day."

I stop jumping, falling to the bed at high speed, tweaking my ankle yet again.