Twenty-Eight

As soon as Shaf lets go of this one bullet, the Siren voice stops.

“Shaf, you did it!”, Radz said.

“What did I do?!”, but she freaked out.

“The one that you shot before, that’s the Siren!”

“I did?”

“Yes, why are you so dumb?! Can’t you see it?”

“Oh, no. I just shoot everything I see.”

“Oh well.”

Bloods are splattering around, alongside the smell of rotten flesh. 

“The Siren has stopped. Someone must have shot it” Sofea said.

“Seems like Shaf did it. She has insane vision sometimes. Even though she’s dumb,” Nowa said.

“Bold of you to say that with that straight face,” Sofea said.

“I can’t kill the Resurrectors!”, Amber shouted from a distance.

“Coming!”

Nowa and Sofea go to back her up. They can’t kill it but they can at least make it move slower to them.

“There are few Runners around. I got rid of them but not the one who’s about to kill Daniel. It’s really hard to get them. They’re fast!”, Amber said

“Where’s Allan and Daniel?”, Nowa asked.

Amber pointed out their direction. She can’t move any further or she is also gonna get run over by the Runner. 

“Did the Runner not see you here?”, Sofea asked.

“The Runner seems to only focus on one subject only.”

“Shaf, can you hear me?”, Nowa said using the earpiece since their distance was far.

“Yeah? Why?”

“Can you come to us? We need you now or else, we need to bury someone and it’s not a good idea!”

“Got it!”

Karn, Radz, Shaf and Daus are all moving on to them. Karn tries his best to wake Daus up but he seems to not react to anything.

“Why?”

“Your vision is perfect, so can you see the Runner running around?”, Nowa asked.

In a few blinks, she already sees it.

“Yeah, it’s about to run to Daniel again. That thing is brutal!”

“Kill it before it gets Daniel again. And Allan, standby to take him with you!”, she said while using the earpiece.

Allan is currently hiding behind one of the trees since the Runner keeps on attacking. It’s all Amber's instruction since she’s afraid her bullet might hit him and Allan needs to agree with it.

“Got it.”

“I’m ready,” Shaf said.

Bang Bang Bang!!!

They see the Runner go shot by her, perfectly to the head. As soon as Allan saw it happen, he rushed to get Daniel. Apparently, his body is all ruined by the impact of the Runner. He tries to get him up, but he limps.

“Come on, dude! Cling on me!”, Allan said.

Daniel spitted out blood. The impact might have ruined his inside already. Slowly, they walked back to the group. The other infected already got killed and nothing else appeared around them after the Siren died.