13 - like old times

it was the day of jobe's birthday barbeque and i was excited but kind of nervous. excited as i would be seeing people i hadn't seen in a while, but nervous because today was the day mase was meeting the rest of my family. i got changed into my new dress. it was a long brown dress from pretty little thing with some heels. you could see my bump now, i knew my mum and denise would get so excited. i curled my hair and put on some make-up before going to pick up mason.

i picked up mase and we made our way to the bellinghams. nothing could wipe the smile off of my face, i hadn't seen jude since we got back from charleston so i was looking forward to seeing him. i can't remember the last time i saw jobe so i was excited to see him too. after about 20 minutes driving, we pulled up at the entrance of the bellingham residence. there were loads of cars lining the street to come see the birthday boy. we got out of the car and walked to the front door. i couldn't wait to get inside and see everybody. i knocked on the door and less than two seconds later, it was swung open by denise.

"dani! hey baby girl, how are you?" she said pulling me into a tight hug, "i'm good thank you mama d! how are you?" i asked, "i'm great, thank you sweetheart! look at your bump!" she said, "i know, i'm finally starting to show! this is my boyfriend mason, mase, this is denise, practically my second mum" i told him. "hello" he said shyly, "hi mason, please come in! the boys are in the garden" she said and we walked past her, going to find our friends. as we walked through the house i practically grew up in actually made me feel kind of emotional.

as we got into the garden, i looked around and pretty much knew everybody that i could see, i walked over to jobe who was talking to one of his teammates. "hey jobe! i've missed you" i said pulling him into a hug, "hey dan, i missed you too, its been too long" he said, "definitely, you're all grown up now. here's your gift!" i said and passed him the bag. inside was a canvas photo of me, jude, jobe and alessia when we were kids. its one of my favourite pictures. we spoke for a little bit longer and i introduced him to mason. then my mum and dad walked out into the garden with luca not too far behind.

"hey mum, hey dad" i said, "hey dani, you okay sweetheart?" my mum asked, "yeah, i'm all good" i said hugging them both. "guys, this is mason, mason this is my mum and my dad." i told them. "hi mr and mrs russo" he said, i could tell he was nervous so i rubbed my hand on his back softly as he shook hands with my dad and gave a hug to my mum. "please, call me carol, and this is my husband, mario." my mum told him, we all started talking for a while until i got tapped on the shoulder.

i turned around to see my best friend. "jude! i cannot believe you, late to your own brothers birthday party?" i said hitting him round the side of the head, "no, oh my goodness jude? you're my best friend in the whole world? i've missed you so much?" he said mocking me, "i've missed you jude" i said chuckling and gave him a hug. "you're fucking huge now!" he said, "errr, rude!" i replied, "you know i didn't mean it like that, mama c, mario, how are you guys?" he asked them. "mase!" he said dabbing him up, "hey jude, you okay?" mase replied, "yea, i'm all good mate, how are you?" jude said. they spoke for a bit longer, me, jude and jobe got some pictures together and we got some food.

@dani_or_danielle added to their story

we sat outside eating and relaxing, it was nice, like old times

we sat outside eating and relaxing, it was nice, like old times. "dan, whats that on your arm?" jobe asked, "oh just some bruises i got from somebody." i said, brushing it off, "from somebody? from who?" jude asked, "some stupid reporter, was calling me a slut and shit cause of the baby. it's whatever" i told them. "its not whatever though dan. you could have been seriously hurt" luca said, "yea, i could've, but i'm not. mase sorted it out before anything could happen and we are fine." i said reassuring and hugging them all before walking off to find my mum.

"sooo, mum, what do you think?" i asked her, "i really like him dan! i overheard about the thing with the reporter, the way he protected you is exactly what you and your bubba need. i'm happy for you princess." she said which was all i needed. my mum and sister's opinions were the most important things to me so to know that they both like him, made me over the moon.