︻デ═一 𝐏𝐑𝐎𝐋𝐎𝐔𝐆𝐄

♫ When the world was at war we kept dancing  - Lana Del Rey

𝐎𝐔𝐑 𝐒𝐓𝐑𝐄𝐄𝐓 𝐖𝐀𝐒 𝐍𝐄𝐕𝐄𝐑 𝐓𝐇𝐈𝐒 𝐁𝐔𝐒𝐘

𝐀𝐓 𝐋𝐄𝐀𝐒𝐓, 𝐍𝐎𝐓 𝐃𝐔𝐑𝐈𝐍𝐆 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐋𝐀𝐒𝐓 𝐖𝐄𝐄𝐊.

𝐎𝐔𝐑 𝐒𝐓𝐑𝐄𝐄𝐓 𝐇𝐀𝐃 𝐁𝐄𝐄𝐍 𝐊𝐄𝐏𝐓 𝐄𝐌𝐏𝐓𝐘, with the odd occasion that a group of drunk teenagers would pass by and throw their cans of beer at an umbrella sign plastered on the wall out of anger and spite. Other than that our street was almost untouched. No one wanted to cross by it, no one ever dared even come near. They all stuck to the other side of the city. Now, the whole side of the city was as if it had been closed off, isolated. The only people there were to talk to were you and yourself. The deserted streets gave the city an eerie vibe, as if something was happening or about to happen but it was being hidden, or more that people were hiding from it. It was like the haunted house that nobody wanted to go into at the fair.

Maybe people got scared when they said it was infectious, maybe they ran. She didn't blame them, she would if she could. Maybe it the fact that it was spreading so quickly that not even the people in charge knew what to do about it. Maybe they left, and maybe they'll never come back. After all, it was only going to get worse.