Chapter 6

After getting out of bed I put on my clothes and headed downstairs. The house was empty, meaning that Mary had gone out and since that was true, I might as well do some exploring on my own today.

"Good morning Roselina."

"Good morning."

"Lovely day isn't it Roselina?"

"Yes it is."

As I walk through the village, they greet me with a smiling face. It's been 2 days since I've stayed at Mary house and honestly I feel pleased with this new life I'm leading. The villagers treat me nicely and they give stuff even when you don't ask them to. Today I plan to repay them for their help so I headed into the woods to hunt. Walking through the woods I looked around, I jumped down off a rock and looked around.

"Strange, why aren't there any animals around?" I mumbled to myself.

The sun is up and judging from its angle I would say it's 10 am in the morning. I saw a small berry tree and stopped to pick some berries. It's sour so it's not fully ripe yet but it's still tasty.

I smelled the air. “Sniff Sniff—hm?"

My nose got wind of a strong smell… Meat.

Using my superior sense of smell I was able to detect a wild boar grazing on bushes in the woods. It noticed my presence and turned toward me. I was hoping for a sneak attack but I'm stronger than it.

"Come at me!" I shouted

It started running towards me while squealing threateningly. I still gave it one punch straight on the nose, crushed its skull against my fist and with that I defeated it.

I learned that I have the super strength to lift a large boulder
with one hand. I can run at the speed of sound, leap thousands of feet in the and when I get an injury it heals within seconds.

As expected of an immortal body.

"Huh?" I turned around as I sensed a grizzly bear. It walked out of the woods and glared at me. "Bring it on."

I charged at me and managed to scratch my arm.The three lacerations I got healed instantly.I jumped in the air and rotated in the air and brought down my foot for a heel kick straight to the top of its head. The vibration shattered its neck, spine and travelled all the way to the sole of its feet, shattering the very ground under it.

"Come on, that was too easy—Huh?"

I looked at the back of my hand that was smeared in grizzly bear blood. The smell of blood is causing my fangs to start to ache and my throat to itch.My instinct as a vampire is telling me to take a lick. I slowly gave into my urges and moved my arm closer to my mouth to lick it.

"Roselina!" Mary called out and thanks to her I was able to snap back to reality.

"Mary, you're here."

"Are you okay?" she asks as she walks up to me. "It's dangerous. What if someone saw you?"

I shrugged. "What's the problem? I hold back while fighting it."

"I mean you are trying to drink the blood. Roselina, you shouldn't restrain yourself. Who knows what will happen if you don't drink. What if you get sick or something?" Mary scolded.

"I'm fine,” I shrugged. “A true Ancestor can go without blood for a long time."

"You don't know that."

Damn, why is she itching for me to give into my instincts as a Vampire?

"I'll come to that bridge when I cross it."

We returned to the village.

Everyone was surprised to see me pulling a wagon with 10 boars and a grizzly corpse on the back.

"Everyone come quickly!" Mary called out. "Roselina here wanted to thank you for your hospitality so she decided to hunt for enough food to meet us."

I throw the meat on the ground in front of them all and the villagers gather around to examine the boars and the bear.

"Young lady, did you hunt for all this?" a middle aged man asked.

"Yes," I responded.

"Wow. You're so strong!"

"Are you a Warrior?"

"Thank you."

"You're so kind."

They all came around me one by one. After that I went to take a long bath to wash the stench of blood off me. As I was myself I felt my canine. The aching is gone and my throat doesn't itch anymore.

"Ouch!"

I punctured my finger while playing with my fang. The blood stimulates my tongue.It's sweet and creamy. Was blood always like this? I found my answer. All I have to do is drink my own blood and the problem is solved. The wound on my finger closed up again.

"Time to go to bed."

The next day.

Mary and I return to the city. Today the city seems to have less people than usual but still as crowded and noisy as ever.

"I'm going to the tailor. Do you want to come or look around?" Mary wondered.

"I'll look around?"

"Okay. We'll meet at the square in 4 hours. Be careful," she waved at me goodbye.

"Finally some more alone time," I muttered to myself. I continued to walk through the streets.The last time I was here I never got a good look at the place.

What to do now?

Suddenly I got that intense feeling that someone is watching me. There were multiple eyes this time but It doesn't feel murderous, it just feels sinister.

It doesn't matter.

"Damn brat!"

I heard a shouting followed by a scream:

"You cut me!"

It was a merchant bullying a little girl slave.

"How dare you wound me? You're going to pay for this!"

"I'm sorry sir," the slave apologised.

He stomped her the little girl mercilessly. That didn't make me angry. What made me angry is nobody was doing anything about it. They're just standing there and looking, it doesn't matter if it doesn't concern them but that just a little girl.

"I can't take this anymore," I fumed as I walked over to them. "Take her filthy foot off her!”