Chapter 31 - What the Blind Can See

Note from the Author:

I just want to say thank you so much for all the support!

I hope you enjoy the update!

Quick Recap:

Tony is at Castle Black with Jon, Mormont, Pyp, Edd, Sam, Gilly and Ghost. Mormont is injured from his previous fight.

Steve, Sansa, Tyrion, Brienne, Jaime, Joffrey, Varys, and Bronn are at King's Landing.

Nat and Clint are with Arya and Gendry making their way through the Riverlands.

Robb and Catelyn are fighting in the war near Harrenhal.

Theon has taken over Winterfell.

Bran, Rickon, Hodor, and Osha are heading north for the Wall.

Bruce, Selvig, Rhodey, Pepper, and Happy remain in New York with the Tesseract.

And Thor remains on Asgard awaiting Loki's trial.

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Deep inside Castle Black, Pyp, Edd, and Jon had carried their Lord Commander into his chambers where Sam and Maester Aemon worked quickly-or as quickly as Maester Aemon could, giving Sam orders to fetch cloth, herbal poultices, water, more wood for the fire, silk for stitchings, and archaic metal tools by Tony's standards. Aemon gave them instructions and asked questions regarding his condition.

Pyp and Edd had retrieved the heavier items such as the wood, cloth, and pots, while Sam handled the "medical" supplies. Gilly boiled the water and, to Tony's surprise, cleaned Mormont's wounds without a shred of fear, while the young maester in training gagged. Tony could smell something foul and nearly wretched himself, spreading his fingers over his mouth and crossing his other arm over his chest to stop the rude action. He stayed towards the back of the room with Jon to not contaminate it further.

Jon looked like a ghost, if not for his thick Night's Watch cloak. The flickering torches cast dancing shadows on the stone walls. The cold of the castle stone seemed to seep into his bones through the soles of his feet if not for the fire's warmth, mirroring his inner turmoil. Jon watched as the medical procedure on Mormont unfolded, his stomach churning with a mixture of helplessness and frustration, for all he could do at this point was watch.

"Samwell! Milk of the Poppy!" Maester requested eagerly. Sam left immediately.

"Milk of the Poppy?" questioned the mechanic.

"It's for the pain," answered Maester Aemon.

Tony rubbed his eyes in vain to hide his grimace before putting on his high-tech glasses so he could analyze the process. He lightly shook his head. The results were not good, he thought to himself as he peeled the wearable tech from his face. Tony was surprised he had lasted this long.

"He's going to need a lot more than that..." Tony said as generously as he could. Sam came back into the room with the medicine and a pair of leather gloves. Tony didn't even see an ounce of soap, and the room couldn't be sterile. He just kept glancing at the fire and back to the bad parts of Mormont's wounds.

"He'll... he'll be alright," said Samwell nervously. Tony remained unconvinced.

"He needs antibiotics," he said.