Part 3

Antoinette was slightly frustrated that she did not work on her letter last night but instead spent much time on her philosophy work.

It did help that she had someone to work on it with, though.

Her eyes were tired but at least she had some strength unlike her friends next to her, each with their own headache and nausea.

Léa pushed her plate away from her, letting out a scratching sound causing Louis to wince, "I can't eat this, I think I'm gonna throw up just thinking about it," she groaned, resting her forehead against the wood table, her hair falling all over the place.

Antoinette looked around and saw all but Mathieu in agony. He really was an alcoholic if he couldn't seem to feel the slightest hangover from all those drinks.

The rest of breakfast was left in silence, but Antoinette was not upset about it.

-

She had gotten to mathematics early this time, she made sure of it. Her nose was deep into her textbook as students took their seats.

The unit was coming to an end, so she delved into her work even more, not noticing those who sat next to her, that is, until she felt and poke at her side.

Antoinette was faced with the boy she had known for years, yet confused about why he had suddenly been giving her more of his valuable time in the last couple of days. Did he want something?

Theo tilted his head, causing some curls to move out of place, "You make it really hard to catch your attention,"

She blushed, embarrassed, "Sorry," she forced her eyes back up.

Theo raised his brows with amusement, "Could you lend me your notes, I missed some from yesterday," he was smiling, feigning innocence.

"You might have as well not attended your classes yesterday at all since you seemed to have not paid attention in any of them," She joked passing him her notes. Antoinette watched as he took them from her and read them cautiously, looking down at his own textbook a few times. She watched as he scribbled a few of his notes down on a piece of paper on his desk before whispering a thanks and handing them back.

Before she could respond, Mr. Altier began to speak.

Before he had said what topic he would be going over, Antoinette had already put all her attention back to her work.

-

His stride was bored as he headed to mathematics, his first class already draining any life out of him.

He couldn't stop himself before he took a seat next to her, he had never done that.

Antoinette seemed to enamoured by whatever she was reading to notice, and he wanted so badly for her to see him, what would she say?

She was being too stubborn, he had to go one step further, reaching his hand out.

She turned, and her eyes widened a bit. It made him pause.

He wanted her attention for a bit longer, so he asked for her notes. He didn't need or care for them, but it was the first thing that came to mind. Her writing was slightly messy and he held back a smile.

As the class droned on, he was disappointed in himself. He had held back so long and it was crumbling beneath him.

His jaw clenched and his expression showed a frown.

He needed to get a hold on himself. He needed to stop.

-

Antoinette had managed to get into her bed much earlier than she expected tonight, and with all her friends still filled with dread, there was not much noise to keep her awake.

As rain drops splattered across her window, she found herself in thought of of first year.

She was a mess, but she knew better now. Her brows knitted together as she turned, closing her eyes.

Note from author:
Short chapter! I'd also love to see your comments!!