1 ✩࿐

─── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ──

"There's a lie that I told to you.. But now I can't tell the truth."

???'s POV

"We should have her spy on the RFA for us.. She's quite gullible, isn't she..?"

"Yes savior.. I'll talk to her."

"Very well, Ray. For external paradise."

"For eternal paradise."

MC's POV.

That's what I heard. I sat up against my bedroom door, listening closely to what savior and Ray were talking about. Many times before I've heard savior call me things like that, but she's never said it to my face. Sometimes I think she pities me, and that's the reason as to why she lets me stay here, working for them. Other times I feel she truly cherishes me, and loves me deeply as if I'm her own blood. She always tells me about how horrible of a person V truly is, and Ray tells me about how the RFA are just a bunch of hypocrites, "especially that red head." I pushed all these thoughts aside as I listened to the knock on my door.

"MC? Are you in there?" A familiar voice rang. I rushed up and opened the door to be greeted by Ray. "Ah, there you are!.. I hope you've eaten your breakfast.." He walked in and closed the door behind him, looking past me with a frown. This was a pretty normal occurrence, Ray brought me food and I wouldn't eat it. This has been happening for perhaps a month now? I've been listening in on all of their conversations about me spying on the RFA. Deep down, I've always had a feeling they did nothing wrong.. Whenever I talked to V myself he seemed kind and caring, but that's not how Rika made him seem. Anyways, listening to these conversations made me nauseous, I can't explain why.

"Sorry Ray.. I'm not sure why but I just haven't had an appetite recently." A lie. "MC don't apologize.. Are you sick? Have you not been feeling well..?" He asked me in such a caring tone while raising his hand to my forehead to feel my temperature. I felt horrible lying to him.

I backed up before his hand could reach me and shook my head. "I feel just fine." I lied to myself and him. I felt sick to my stomach, and before I knew it Ray was holding back my hair as the blue liquid fell from my mouth. He helped guide me to the bathroom and kept my hair held back the entire time. Ray seemed stressed, with what he came to ask me and for what was currently happening.

After a few moments I held my head back up and covered my mouth. "So, what did you need?" I muttered as I stumbled to the sink to brush my teeth. He stood back up from kneeling down and stood behind me in the mirror. "I need you to spy on the RFA for us. To get information." He spat out, looking ashamed.

Of course I knew this was coming but it still felt odd to me. I wiped my mouth off with a nearby towel and looked back at Ray. "Alright.. I'll do it if it means helping you in a way. I know I'm not the brightest when it comes to hacking so I hope this can help out the mint eye in a way."

Ray sighed as he heard that last part. He was glad I was willing to help but upset I thought so bad about myself. "Thank you MC.. But you're smart and talented in your own way, you don't need to be the greatest with hacking." I nodded, showing I understood his words but I didn't completely believe them.

"Of course... Anyways, when should I start..?"