This Can Not Be Happening

I sat on my floor, leaning against my wall, just thinking about life. I started dozing off when I suddenly remembered I had a school trip in two days. Fuck. I sighed as I thought about Maya. Another fuck. I wouldn't be able to see her for the whole week. Maya was my whole world. She let me talk to her, I let her talk to me. We both had similar lives, and both had depression. We could talk about deep stuff that we couldn't with other people, like being suicidal, strict parents, and not being straight. I sighed at the thought and realized I was going to miss her a whole fucking lot. I stood up to go to bed, only to stand in my room for the next five minutes, staring blankly at my wall, tears streaming down my face. I hadn't realized I was crying, and when I snapped out of my daze, I wondered why my vision was blurry. I hurriedly grabbed my phone from my desk—2:37 am. No texts from Maya. I don't know why I was sad. It was 2 in the morning. She had no reason to be up. I thought about her for a while, thinking about the upcoming trip, when I heard a knock on my door. My older sister, Soph, stepped into my room as she opened the door.

"Whatcha doing up this late?" Soph said groggily.

"Nothing much. Just thinking," I said, checking my phone again.

"Which guy you waiting for?" she teased.

"I.."

"Oh you know I'm just teasing you!" I was silent.

"Is it not a guy?" she gasped, "Is it Maya?!" 

"Umm... I don't really know yet,"

"Babyyy..." I heard her girlfriend, Beck, say from the hallway.

"Okay. Night Harper, love you."

"Night,"

"Tell me if it's Maya when you figure ut out," Soph winked at me.

"M'kay," I was tired, and my chest felt heavy. That was when I knew. Shit. I was in love with my best friend.