Bullyism

— —  ꒰ঌ BULLYISM ໒꒱ — —

PROMPT : being an orphan is hard enough, but being bullied as well is harder. What will the Justice League do when they discover Billy's being bullied?

Billy sighed softly, bitting his lip exhaustively. It was always the same, the scars that Captain Marvel endured would end up on Billy's young body. It was difficult with his bullies, but now he couldn't treat any of his scars unless he stayed hidden the entire healing time. Which was why Billy would spend days inside his Quarters in the Justice League Tower. For one, they knew his identity which meant they could treat him differently if they saw his scars. And two, he didn't want to worry them with the dangers he encountered daily. So he stuck with quarantining himself into the enclosed space.

He sighed wearily as he stared at himself in the cracked mirror on the sidewalk. Small bruises bloomed on his cheeks, where he was usually punched in and out of his secret identity. He patted the purple mark and hissed at the pain. He sighed shakily to hide his tears and walked to an abandoned apartment, to find warmth.

———

Barry Allen frowned at the camera. Did Bruce Wayne place him on watch duty? Yes, but it wasn't to watch crime. The billionaire always had two watch duties, to make sure all was safe. Hal would watch crime while Barry stared at civilian lives of the Justice League members. One certain hero caught his attention this day. Billy Batson, the 12 year-old orphan. He watched wearily as Billy Batson walked to an Alleyway. The boy stopped midway, seeing two boys in tough jeans and dirty shirts.

All together, Barry knew they were bullies. Barry wanted Billy to run, but he didn't. Billy stayed, and endured the brutal pain. He dealt with the gangster jump like a big boy would. The blonde huffed before placing a thumb against the intercoms, "Justice League starter members please make your way to the security room."

It took a few minutes before he got responses of acknowledgment. Which meant it was gonna take quite a bit longer before they arrived. A bit longer felt like an eternity for the speedster, seconds were like minutes, minutes were hours, hours was infinity. So make it only took a few minutes for them to arrive, but Barry felt like it was years.

"What's the issue?" Wonder Woman huffed out. She was at a board meeting, so taking the time to do this was time consuming. Barry frowned wearily.

"Well, Billy is...it's.." Barry breathed out. He stopped midway before giving up, "It's better if I just show you." His gloved hand pressed the long space bar and the clip replayed. The same scene was given to the League, and there were quite a few emotions to say the least. Hal, Cyborg, and Clark were angry, frustrated. Meanwhile Wonder Woman and Batman were concerned, and were busy creating a plan to stop it. Some were just worried, and wanted to take care of the boy.

"I say we don't make this more frustrating for Billy. Let's just ask him if anything's going on then confront him if it goes on," Superman suggested. It was a good plan, nothing rational to scare off the orphan, but safe enough for him to feel comfortable. A number of nods came through, but Hal was gone, "Alright, that's settled, I can— Where did Hal go?"

"Oh he left to go help Billy take care of the scars," Barry said like it wasn't a big deal. Superman sighed frustrated at the brunette's rational reaction. "I can go get him back, but it's probably too late." Barry decided as he pointed at the live stream screen. There was Hal Jordan, in civilian clothing, helping Billy up. The boy wrapped his tiny legs against Hal's waist as he walked him down the street. A flash of light told them that they had gone through a Zeta Tube somewhere else.

Diana thought it was enough watched and rushed to the Medbay. Her lungs were fine as she ran in, and a smile appeared to her face. She gasped in relief to know he was awake.

"Oh thank Zeus, Billy. I hope you're okay," Diana grinned crushing the young male in a hug. He groaned softly as the broken ribs were squeezed tightly.

"That's enough, Diana, give the boy some space," Bruce Wayne sighed. He glided across the fooor to the group near the bed. Billy handed him a cheeky grin and waved, "Be careful. We need you here."