Distraction

"Come on Percy," Annabeth said.

"But I don't wanna," Percy moaned, shuffling his feet behind her.

"The Gods are threatening to start another war if we don't do this quest," Annabeth said.

"Let them," Percy said. "I'm tired of doing their dirty work. Let them kill each other."

"Percy..." Annabeth smiled, knowing his weakness for it.

"Ugh... fine!" Percy said begrudgingly, and shuffled along behind Annabeth.

It had started to rain, and they found shelter under a bus stop on the side of the road in the middle of nowhere. It was getting cold out, Annabeth started to shiver. Percy wrapped her in a tight hug, and Annabeth buried her cold nose into his chest.

"What do we do?" Percy asked, rubbing her back to warm her.

"We could wait for the rain to stop here," Annabeth said, her voice muffled.

"No way," Percy said. "You'll freeze to death. You're a Cali girl, not meant for this New York cold."

Annabeth chuckled, "Then what are you thinking we do?"

"I got a plan, but... I'm going to surprise you with it," Percy said, Annabeth looked up at him with skeptical eyes. "What's that look for, just wait here and use my jacket too." He quickly took off his jacket, and wrapped it around her. "Be right back," Percy smiled, and kissed her red nose. Then he ran of into the rain.

Annabeth sighed, moving around inside the bus stop trying to keep warm, and cursing the maker of the bus stop for not including benches. Then thirty minutes later, she started to get worried. She kept peeking out of the buss stop, down each way of the road. "Percy where the hell are you?" she asked herself.

A few cars passed, some had stopped to offer her a ride. But she refused. A few minutes later another car had stopped.

"Hey sexy lady, wanna hop in for a ride?" the man said.

"Excuse me?!" Annabeth said, leaning to the open window. "Percy?!"

"I stole a car!" Percy said happily. "Bucket list item, Complete!"

"What is actually wrong with you?!" Annabeth yelled, in a hushed tone, worried someone would hear.

"My girl was cold, so a stole car," Percy said with a smile. Knowing Annabeth had a weakness for it. "Hop in, honey buns." He opened the passenger door.

Annabeth sighed, then got in. "Gods... it's warm in here..." she said delighted.

"See, a simple felony is worth getting you warm," Percy said. "Here, let me heat up a snack." Percy pressed a button.

"Snack?" Annabeth said. "Cars don't have food warmers—Percy why is my butt getting hot?"

Percy smirked, "Heating up my snack for later."

Annabeth blushed, "Seaweed Brain."

They drove for a few hours, eventually night started to take over the sky. "How much further?" Percy asked.

Annabeth shrugged, "Why, getting tired?"

"Kinda," Percy said.

"Any Motels near by?" Annabeth asked.