Ch 1.

KALIYA'S  POV
( past )

I gave her a loving look as I held her hand. "You'll be okay momma. I promise." I told her.

Her eyes were closed as she smiled at me and held my hand tighter.

"I'll find whoever did this to you, I promise." So many promises I was making. It was so many fucking promises.

What if I don't find them ? What if she won't be okay ? What if-

"Kaliya." I snapped out of my thoughts when I heard her call my name.

"What's wrong ?" I asked her with a frown.

"I love you so much." She told me shaking her head.

I give her a smile even though she couldn't see it " I love you so much more " I was just a native 18 year old girl.

"You'll forever have me, okay ?"

I nod with a frown on my face.

"I know." I told her holding her hand tighter.

I can't let her go.

Out of no where, I watched as her heart rate went from beating to barely being there. "Momma." I said in fear and she didn't answer me.

I ran out the room and yelled for a nurse. So loudly it made heads turn. Doctors and nurses were running in her room.

I ran back in but they pushed me back out.

"Ma'am you can't be in here." I looked at her in disbelief. But I didn't move. I didn't make their job hard by arguing.

I slid down a wall and all I could do was cry. "It's okay. She'll be okay." Nora said, sitting next to me and wrapping me in her arms.

I look over at her and I knew she could see the broken look in my eyes. As she held me, I looked to see a man.

A good looking one.

He was looking at me in he had this look in his eyes. It's like he was observing me. I couldn't see it though. Not with all the tears covering my own.

(PRESENT)

I woke up with a yawn. another day. Great. Let's see if it's better then the others.

I walk out my room and to my dad's office.

Without knocking, I open the door into a horrible scene. "EW!" I yell and turn around. There was my stepmother and father making out.

"Do you know what knocking is ?" He said. "I'm sorry." I said and walked out. I waited out the door until the door opened.

"Good morning Ms. Brat." She whispered as she walked. "Good morning you filthy fuck." I said with a smile as I walked back in my dad office.

"You look like you just woke up." My dad said and I roll my eyes. "That's because I did. did you find anything." He gives me an annoyed sigh.

"It's been four years kaliya. Get over it." I narrowed my eyes at him. "No, I refuse too. You weren't the one who made a promise to momma. I did. So did you find anything?" I said with my arms crossed.

"Which was a dumb decision of you. You shouldn't have told her you'll find them because there isn't any leads to anything."

"Why don't you care? Why can't you help me ?" He sighs.

"I do, but I also don't want my child stressing out over this kaliya. I'm done trying to find who it is and you're also done trying to find them. Now go freshen yourself up and come back. I need to talk to you about something important."

With a loud groan, I walked out and slammed his office door closed.

It's like he doesn't care. What if he didn't check? What if he does know but refuses to tell me? I walked to my room as I continued to overthink.

I didn't chose to be in this like, I was CHOSEN to be in this line of life.

the mafia.

Having to be a secret for my whole life. Having to play someone that I'm not. It was hard. And wasn't peaceful.

I have a step mother. Her name is Vanessa but the poor bitch went by Vinny. i have no clue as to where she got that from out of Vanessa but I can't really say anything about it.

As I went in my bathroom and brushed my teeth, someone walked in. "I am so damn sick of Vanessa. I literally want to put her in a chokehold and stab her eyeballs out."

That's Nora. My best friend. Yes, she lives with me.

It's a long story.

"What she do to you now ?" I asked as I washed my face.

"the bitch called me Ms.brat number two. Who the FUCK does she think she is." I laugh. "At least you aren't number one like me."

We walked to my closet and I changed out of my pajamas.

All I did was put on some shorts and a long t shirt with my vans.

~ HER OUTFIT ~

" I swear I'm going to shove four BIG DICKS DOWN HER THROAT

" I swear I'm going to shove four BIG DICKS DOWN HER THROAT." Nora yelled out and I looked at her like she was crazy.

I mean, she is.

Nora was younger than me by a year. So 21.

"She'll probably like that." I said as we walked out and went to my dad office.

I knock on the door this time. "Come in." He said and we walk in.

We both took a seat and he looked at us. "I said I needed only you, not your crew too." We raised our eyebrows.

"If you want me to leave, then say that. You don't got to be mean about it." Nora said crossing her arms.

"Leave."

With a huff, she got up and walked out.

He finally looked me in the eye for the first time of the day. "You're getting married." my eyes bulged out of its sockets.

"WHAT ?"

"HUH ?"

You could hear Nora say huh from the closed door.

I roll my eyes.

She can't stay quiet for shit.

PREPARE FOR THIS NEWLY BOOK