Chapter 18: Loss and questions

Aether grabbed his wife's hand. "Percy's calling us."

She looked up from her drawing. "Thank goodness. I don't think we have much time left."

They both flashed, teleporting out of their home.

Percy took a deep breath. "I can do this," he whispered to himself. "I can!"

"Percy?" Hemera asked behind him.

He turned around and smiled at his loves. "Hey!"

Aether looked around the building. "What are we doing?"

Percy pointed at the plane in the hangar. "Food and skydiving."

Aether grinned. "I love you so much."

They all boarded the plane, and the pilot took off. Percy began pulling food out of the air, giving it to his lovers.

Hemera smiled as she cut through her steak. "All this for us?"

Percy nodded. "Of course."

Aether smiled, momentarily forgetting his see-through hand. "I've always wanted to do this."

Hemera laughed. "And yet you never mentioned?"

"I didn't think you would ever go with it, and we can both agree that getting to Earth was difficult," he responded.

Percy smiled and bit into his blue burger. "And it suddenly wasn't once I came along?"

"Once you came along, Tartarus gave us free access to his realm," Hemera said. "It was actually quite nice."

They continued to eat and talk, reminiscing over past moments and laughing along with each other, ignoring the slow spread of see-through skin.

"Alright, everyone," the pilot  said over the intercom. "Get the correct backpacks on and have fun."

They all put on the parachutes and jumped, falling through the air.

Percy laughed as the wind rushed around him. "I've never done this!"

His lovers laughed as well. "Us either!"

They swam through the air towards each other, grabbing the others' hands, until they all held onto each other in a ring.

"I love you," Percy said. "So much."

"And we the same," Aether and Hemera replied happily.

They eventually split apart, tugging at their parachutes and slowly gliding to the ground. When they landed, Percy grabbed both of them. "I have something else planned."

They teleported away, finding themselves in an empty wheat field.

"Where are we?" Hemera asked, ignoring the fact that the see-through skin had reached her chest.

Percy smiled. "Just a random field in Idaho."

"What are we doing here?" Aether asked.

Percy grinned. "Marco Polo."

His lovers laughed, and Aether closed his eyes. "I'll go first."

Hemera and Percy ran around him for a while, but he eventually managed to tag Hemera, who laughed.

As the see-through skin reached her neck, she tagged Percy. "You're it!"

Percy laughed and closed his eyes. Hemera ran from him towards Aether, and then stumbled.

Aether caught her, and she started to breathe heavily. "Oh. I think -"

"No no no," Aether said. "It can't be this sudden. Please, not yet. At least go with me."