Chapter Nineteen

Max
-----
Three very buff men came from side stage and trudged towards Hunter and Lissa.

Hunter seemed kind of frantic and nervous about the whole situation, almost like he was scared of what was to come of the situation.

Lissa on the other hand, was screeching her little heart out at the body guard dealing with her. Saying some sort of nonsense like "my father will hear about this!". She sounded like Malfoy from Harry Potter. The poor guard dude.

"Woah woah woah!" I said, squeezing myself between the guards and Hunter.
"Not him, her." I said, pointing to Lisa.

The guards looked back at Lissa, then at Joe, confused on what to do.

"Max, ten minutes then they're both out of here." Joe said sternly.

I nodded and turned to Hunter.
"Saturday, 7:00. Jordyn park, be there be square." He said.

I nodded and hugged him, and he kissed my cheek.

"Lissa, let's go." Hunter said, leaving without even looking at her.

Lissa wrapped her hands around Fang's neck and glued herself to him.
"Bye bye Fangy." She whispered, and Fang was desperately trying to push her away without hurting her.

She placed a kiss on his cheek and slowly backed up, running her hand down Fang's stomach.

Once they left, I couldn't help it, I started laughing.

Iggy and Dylan joined me. The look of discussed and horror on his face while Lissa was stuck to him, was the funniest thing I had ever seen, and probably the most emotion I've ever seen him show.

"That was priceless!" Iggy howled as he laughed.

Dylan was on his knees, holding his gut while he laughed. But something you should know about Dylan, his laugh is very... unique.

When you're laughing really hard to the point where you can't make noise, so you clap like a seal and then once you're done laughing you gasp really loud, that's what an "embarrassing" laugh was like in my eyes. Until I met Dylan.

His laugh was more like a sea lion. No noise for a couple seconds, and then all of a sudden it's like "UHH HAHA UHHH OHHH HAHA".

Yup, that was how Dylan laughed. You'd think his laugh would be contagious, considering he's so good looking, but no.

Fang didn't look too happy with us for laughing at him, but when he saw Joe looking at Dylan as if he just saw his grandmother naked, he lost it too, and soon all of us were laughing so hard we probably gained an ab or two.

Later that night when we were back at our apartment (we had only recently moved in) Joe came in with an armful of packages, and a sack full of fan mail.

"What do we want to start with?" Joe asked.

"Packages." We all said in unison.
Joe handed us the packages with our names on them, and surprisingly, all of them were from our family members.

Nudge and Fang both got two, one from each parent. Iggy, Ange and Gazzy all had one. Dylan had three, one from his mom, one from his sister, and one from his step mom. And I got two, one from my mom, and the other wasn't labeled.

We went in order, as we always did. Christmas, Easter, Valentine's Day, you name it.

Iggy, Angel and Gaz were first.
Gazzy got a small chemistry kit, Angel got a angel teddy bear, which is now named Celeste. Lastly, Iggy got a pan (there was also $50 inside).

We went around to everyone.

Nudge got makeup products from both her parents, Fang got a new sweatshirt and a gift card to subway. You could just tell his parents knew him so well (note the sarcasm).

Dylan got a new pair of shoes from his mom, a pair of aviator glasses from his step mom and a candy basket from his sister. Not a bag.... No, a basket.

Finally it was my turn, and I decided that I'd open the one from my mom first.

I ripped open the box and the sweet smell of chocolate hit my nose.

"Oh Mom you are a blessing and a life saver!" I yelled, pulling a chocolate chip cookie out of the box and stuffing it in my mouth.

"Mm, so good."

"Open your other box Max!" Angel chirped.

To be honest, I wasn't too hyped up to open the next box, I didn't now who it was from.I grabbed the scissors from the coffee table and slid it across the top of the box.

"Who's it from?" Iggy asked.

"I'm not sure, it doesn't say."

When I said that Joe's eyes bugged out of his head. "Should you even open it than!?" He exclaimed.

I rolled my eyes at his nervousness.
"How else am I going to figure out who it's from?"

I opened the top and looked inside.
At the top was a letter, and under the letter was a layer of tissue paper.
I took out the letter and opened it, reading it aloud.

Dear Maximum,
I sent you this packages in hopes to make amends, as well as to help you as you travel through your life with your head held high, just like the strong girl you are.

"Is it signed?" Fang asked, and I shook my head.

I removed the layer of tissue paper and it revealed a sweatshirt. I pulled it out and looked at the front.

It was a burgundy with grey letters that said "Harvard" across the front.

"I wanna see!" Gazzy said, taking the hoodie from my hands, I would tell him how rude that was later.

I looked into the box and there was another letter. I picked it up and read it, but not to the others this time.

Dear Maximum,
You have always wanted to be a lawyer, and it has always suited you and your argumentative self.
Congrats on your acceptance to Harvard, I'll be helping pay for it, my treat.

I tucked the letter in my pocket and ripped the next piece of tissue out of the box to see the last gift.

It was a picture frame, but I couldn't see the picture because the last letter sat there, as if it was mocking me.

Who could it be if not my mom?
I picked up the letter and opened it.

Dear Maximum Martinez,
I hope you accept that I'll be having something to do with your life, please accept that I only want what's best for you.
My dear girl, have fun at Harvard and have fun in the future.

I gasped, I knew who it was, and I knew exactly what was going to be in the picture frame, but me being as stupid as I was, looked anyway.

It was an old silver picture frame, and inside was a picture that I hadn't seen in many years.

The picture was of me as a little kid, missing my two front teeth but still smiling widely, and there was a man standing behind me and tickling my tummy.

He wore wire rimmed glasses, and his hair was a mix of white and grey, and his eyes were a deep blue.

That man was Jeb, that man was my father.

I dropped the letters back in the box and snatched the hoodie from Gazzy before booking it to my room.

A/N
-----
Hey guys!!! Little bit of a different chapter, it's really random but *poof* here it is!
^^^^^^And look at the photo!! ^^^^
One of you guys made that for me and I thought that was cool!
Keep reading, it might inspire me to do a sequel!!