chapter 1: Moving day

Harrison POV:

Leaving my hometown was hard. Everyone I loved was there.

My sisters stayed, but my mom wanted me to go with her.

I understood. Losing a husband is hard for her. Yep. My dad died.

No one has been the same since. But moving was definitely the best thing for me.

My friends turned on me, my girlfriend Emily broke up with me. It's like no one cares how your doing.

Unless your in a good mood or put on a fake face. Then nobody cares.

My mom puts the last bag in the trunk and shuts it.

She paused before getting in the car. Then cries a little and I hug her.

" It's okay mom, he's in a better place." I said. "This is good for us."

She nods. " Your right. Come on."

We get into the car and start driving to our new home.

In Texas.

It took us 3 days to get to get there. The town seemed simple enough.

Friendly market. Even friendly people. My mom said I would make friends.

But I dont want to really. I didn't believe I'd actually fit in this town.

I had to actually go to the school in a few days. Not because I didn't want to go.

Even thoh I don't. But for grieving days. It's been a month but still they wanted to be sure.

Thoughtful but predictable. Yes my dad died but I'm not gonna sulk in sadness.We pulled up to the new house. It was pretty modern for texas.

We unpacked and settled inside.

"Harrison come here."

I go to my mom and sit next to her.

" Please try to make friends, I know it's gonna be hard for you. But try, for me okay?"

I nod, knowing very well I wasn't gonna try.