Chapter Nine

"Me and Grover stay here with you...as in being your hostages?"

"I need to make sure that your two friends come back with my shield, I'm keeping your Satyr  friend as collateral but you, I want to talk to you more"

You start tapping your fingers on the table nervously, starting to feel uneasy by the whole thing

"Can we just walk them to the door?" Grover requests, Ares nods his head.

You and Grover stand up to follow Annabeth and Percy to the door of the diner.

"Okay, look. Don't engage with him. He'll wanna get you riled up, get in your head and you can't let him." she warns.

"He is not that bad, don't worry" you say as if trying to convince yourself.

"Please just take care, there must be a reason why Ares couldn't get his shield himself" you caution them, looking directly at Percy.

"Why are you staring at me like that?"

"Because your ADHD might kick in and you could find yourself in a deadly trap due to lack of focus" You point out.

"(Y/n) is right, and you don't need to worry, I will keep her safe for you"

Grover says, patting your arm , making Percy frown deeply in jealousy.

"Ok, see you two later"

When you thought that Percy will just leave.

But, no, he pulls you into a tight hug which shocked you.

"Pray for me"

Percy whispers in your ear.

"HEY, NO HUGGING"

Ares shouts from across the diner.

                                                 °°°
"Wait, you use social media and have accounts?" Grover asks in confusion seeing you use Ares' phone to check your social media accounts.

"Yeah, and I also have millions of followers on Tiktok and YouTube." you exclaim.

"You need to delete those accounts now, the monsters could track us down" Grover insists.

"Why? Monsters never tracked me down"

The Satyr eyes widens in confusion, but Ares cuts in.

"You know what I hate the most in my world? I hate kids. All of 'em. I hate my own kids."

Ares notices the sad look on your face and quickly corrects himself, forgetting for a second that Eros is your father and his son.

"Um, maybe less than other kids, but still not fond of them."

While Grover listens to your grandfather speak, you get a massage from your best friend whom you didn't hear from for months.

Jason is your online best friend, he told you that goes to a boarding school and uses the school's computer to speak to you as phones are not allowed.

You felt connected with him for some reason and you two became friends, you even met him three times.

But he always seemed to be in a hurry.

So, getting a message from him, made you happy.

But you can't message him as you fear that Ares will notice.

So, you excuse yourself to go to the bathroom.

                                   °°°

Jason: Sorry for not messaging for so long but I have been busy with school as you know, how is things going for you?

You smile, before quickly messaging back.

You: Chaotic, but I will manage, I got sent to a camp and made new friends.

Jason: Cool, mind sending me a picture of yourself, I miss seeing you.

Your face heats up, remembering the many times you send him pictures of yourself.

Without thinking you take a picture of yourself while standing in front of the bathroom mirror, and send it to him.

Jason: Beautiful wings and lanses, who are you cosplaying as?

It would have sounded nice if it weren't for the fact that humans can't see your wings and real eyes color.

Jason is....a demigod.

But, why have you never seen him at camp half-blood.

Jason Grace.

You: You are a demigod?!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Jason is typing...

Before you could receive his reply, someone entered the bathroom.

Annabeth enters and looks at you with a smile.

"We got the shield"

You quickly log out, not even risking to wait for his reply.

°°°

Instead of letting you go to the Lotus Casino Hotel in the Truck with your friends.

Ares gives you a ride there, just to spite Percy because he doesn't like him.

And he doesn't also want him near you.

So, here you are, arrived earlier then your friends.

"A lotus"

One of the waiters offers Lotus flowers with a smile on his face.

"Sure, thanks"

You exclaim happily, taking one of the lotuses and bite into one of them.

Once the treat ends up in your stomach, your whole being is engulfed with extreme happiness.

"Bianca!"

A child, three years younger than you, shouts for his older sister, then stops when he sees you standing there with a dazed smile on your face.

Nico smiles when he sees your wings and eyes color, thinking that you are an angel, he walks over to you, and decides to speak to you.

"Are you an angel?"

You look at him with a happy smile, forgetting who you are and what you are here for.

"Yes...I think so"

You didn't know that you are speaking to the son of the same god who kidnapped your mother.