✦ 38

༻✧༺

༻✧༺

currently playing ;;
[Because of you] - [Lana del rey]

The weight of potential dismissal loomed over Sora. She thought about her family back home, who held their pride dearly. If she lost her job, she wouldn't know what to tell them.

After three hesitant knocks on the door, she heard a cold, "Enter." The uncertainty of what awaited her on the other side intensified the pounding in her chest.

Entering the room with her back facing the woman, Sora turned around and was surprised to find a familiar, friendly old lady, Mrs. Park, who had warmed up to her the day before.

"Mrs. Park?" Sora questioned.

"Ah, my sweet Sora, take a seat," Mrs. Park beckoned.

Confusion swept over Sora as she wondered why Jay's mom was in the clinic, especially in the chairman's office. Mrs. Park picked up on her perplexity.

"If you're wondering, yes, I am the chairman, your boyfriend's mother," Mrs. Park revealed.

"Oh, we don't have that kind of relationship," Sora clarified.

"Kids these days are gullible, aren't they?" Mrs. Park chuckled. However, Sora cut her off by handing in her resignation letter.

Mrs. Park's smile vanished, and she became serious. "Ms. Jung, you are one of the greatest therapists in this clinic. No one can deny your impact. Patients specifically request to be under your care when they think of psychology. However, we also cannot ignore the fact that you broke an important, unethical rule. This is unexpected, especially considering your intern days."

Sora gulped, nervously awaiting Mrs. Park's response.

"But my son is also at fault. I have babied him too much; he thinks he can get anything he desires. I presume that is the reason why he went after you. I don't peg you as the type of woman that would chase after a man," Mrs. Park admitted.

"If that's so, then why did you cancel the board meeting?" Sora inquired.

"Because it'd be useless to fire you. Instead of being a chairman, I'll be a human and a mother. You helped my son more than anyone could. After all the things that happened to him, we tried so hard to get Jay back. But he was lost, and you... you brought him back. You know, the day of the event was the first time his father and I saw him after four years, and I believe it's thanks to you that he could finally smile again. But everything comes with a cost. No one could help him get over it," Mrs. Park said, tears brimming in her eyes.