1.00

Part 1- The Fellowship

Does it really count as missing Bilbo's birthday if I wrote him a letter? I asked myself as I trekked over the mountainous highlands in the north. Every clop of my pony's hooves in the Blue Mountains rang out, like the world was daring something to come get us.

A voice in the back of my ming kept nagging me that I should have gone to the Shire. I should be celebrating with the Hobbits. Of course, I already knew that Frodo devastated I wasn't coming, and I couldn't stop thinking about it. Tonight was Bilbo's 111th birthday party, and I could not attend. What would Balin say about that?

I sighed and urged the pony on.. For days, we had been making our way through a network of abandoned troll caves. Trolls loved collecting gold and jewels, so if I was lucky enough, that's what I would find.

So far, I'd checked three caves and found nothing. It was almost starting to seem like a waist of time. Bilbo was turning 111, and I was going to miss it because I was busy poking around in stinky troll caves.

That's it, I decided. I'm going to the Shire.

Even if I couldn't make the party, I could still have some time with Bilbo and Frodo. Maybe even Sam, if I was lucky. I'd always had a soft spot for the Halflings. I suspected that it started.. oh, say.. sixty years ago, on a journey to reclaim my homeland.

Before I could think better of it, I yanked on my pony's reins and turned us right around.

"Hyah!" I shouted with a flick of my wrist. I kicked the pony's sides and we were off, faster than the wind, towards the the Shire.

---------------------------------------------

hey guyyyss who's pumped for this series because i am

there'll be a few changes from An Unexpected Romance if you're coming from that book to this one.

1. Shorter chapters. Sorry, i will not have time to write 1700+ word chapters every other day. I'm taking CP english, geometry, and spanish 2 (i'm a freshman) and i'm participating in competitive drama (COMPETITIVE), normal drama in the spring and show choir as well as regular choir and state honors choir.

2. I won't be following the books/movies as closely as I did in An Unexpexted Romance #sorrynotsorry

3. so much angst

okay, next chapter soon ^_^

til then,
kenna