Chapter 18- If I'm James Dean You're Audrey Hepburn

"Have you been ignoring us?" I whipped my head to the source of the voice. I slowly turn around to find Logan, James and Carlos staring at me with cold expressions. I put down the box that I was currently moving from the living room into my car.

"Um, no." I answered sounding very unsure. "Of course I haven't. I just been," I paused trying to find an excuse. "busy." Great that was the best excuse ever.

"Busy. You've been saying that since forever." Logan paused looking at the boxes and the car. "Are, are you moving?" He asked very confused. I shifted awkwardly.

"Yeah. I am. Kendall and I are officially divorced and, well I'm not keeping the house." I explained quickly, picking up the box and going to the car again.

"I told you not to get heavy boxes." The four of us turned to Vic who looked at me with a stern face.

"It's not that heavy." I argued as I placed the box in the car. He gave me the look of 'we'll talk later'. "Whatever dad." I grumbled at him.

"Kinky." He retorted while placing another box in the car. "No heavy boxes." He then walked backed to the house.

"I like him." James laughed at the remarks.

"Where are you moving to?" Cutting people out of my life. Got it. Carlos asked walking into the house to help. The guys followed in tow.

"I'm moving in with Vic for 2 weeks then into an apartment, if I get approved." That's a lie. I already got approved. Well, it's part of my plan right.

"With Vic? You barely know him. Wouldn't it be better to stay with one of us until you get approved?" James wondered as he picked up one of the boxes.

"I trust him and I don't want to run into Kendall anytime soon." I replied swiftly. They all nodded seemingly understanding.

Soon afterwards we had loaded everything into my car and Vic's car. Also after a couple discussions between Vic and I about carrying boxes. I ended up listening to him and just sat there and pouted feeling completely useless. He was going to drive down to the new apartment to drop off a few boxes. "James and I have to go to the gym but call us if you need anything. Don't worry, we're here for anything." They both hugged me goodbye before getting in to their respective cars and driving off.

"You may have them fooled but not me." Logan said as he sat down on the old recliner that belonged to Kendall.

"What do you mean?" I asked wondering where he was heading with the conversation.

"You're not moving in with Vic. You already have an apartment. You just don't want us apart of your life anymore." He figured it out.

"What?" I tried to act confused. I didn't want it to seem too harsh.

"It's okay. I know what Kendall did to you. We're in a band together its going to be completely normal to be hanging around him. It's okay, just please don't forget us." He sounded so betrayed and that completely broke my heart.

"I'm sorry. He just ruins anything I try to be apart of. I can't be around anything of his ever again." I said to him a hushed tone. I was truly sorry. Logan stood up and made his way closer to me, he kissed my forehead.

"It's okay. I guess I'll see you around." With that he walked out and I was left with the heavy feeling in my chest. I stood up and walked around the lifeless house. The only thing that was here was the furniture that he bought. Since the apartment came fully furnished, I didn't have to worry about anything. I walked up the stairs one last time to retrieve my bag.

Everything seemed so bland without our stuff coexisting together. I grabbed any last things before walking down the stairs one last time. I didn't want to cry, I just felt at peace, this is over. I stood near the front door taking everything in. From the first time here to my last time ever seeing this house.

~*~

The retailer's phone started to ring so she excused herself before walking outside. I turned to Kendall who was leaning in the doorway of the kitchen which connected to the living room. He just stood there smiling at me. "So what do you think?" I asked since I absolutely loved this place. I was hoping he had the same idea. He pushed himself off the doorway and walked over to me. He wrapped his arms around my torso before placing his head against mine.

"I think it's perfect. The best place to spend the rest of my life with you?" He replied slowly swaying back and forth.

"The rest of your life?" I questioned.

"Yeah. The room across the hall would be a guest room until a child comes along. They'll sleep right across the hall. Then when they are crying I'd wake up and take care of them until they're asleep. Then a few years later we'll have a couple of children running around scribbling everywhere. On walls, furniture, and electronics. When they're teenagers, you'll be the hip mom and I'd be strict and probably lock them in their rooms. Then we'll sit on the couch in front of the tv and cry that they're already off to college and that we got old. Then we'll have more kids running around the house when they have their own children and are to lazy to take care of them. Lastly, we'll be in our eighties sitting in rocking chairs side by side, telling each other very inappropriate jokes for our age. And at the end of the day it'll be worth it because I love you. I promise." Kendall spoke sweetly about our future. He held out his pinky. This was going to be a classic pink promise.

With every word he spoke, I fell in love even more. Everything sounded so perfect, I couldn't wait to spend the rest of my life in this house with him. "That sounds absolutely perfect and I can't wait for it all to happen." I pulled away from his embrace and turned around. I held out my own pinky and promised with a giggle at the childish act. I then looked up at him and connected our lips.

There was the sound of someone clearing their throat. We both pulled away quickly looking to the source. The retailer stood their smiling. "So?" She asked in a knowing voice. I stared up and Kendall waiting for his reponse.

"We'll take it." He replied with a smile in his voice. The retailer smiled and walked out of the house again. "You're forever is all that I need." He grinned before leaning in again. We reconnected our lips. This was our forever.

~*~

I was so naïve to think that we would last. I felt a tear run down my cheek as I stepped out of the empty house.

None of the things that he promised came true.

They were all fights, empty promises.

I guess its time to move on.