Gathering The Objects

The three siblings step out of the castle as they look at the riddle over and over. "Okay, so the first line is, 'White crystal over one's shoulder you throw'. What could that mean?" Asked Odette. "While you two are trying to find everything, I'm gonna do some research." Said Amanda. "Good idea, that way you can help us identify what the riddle is describing." Said Derek. He and the girls head to the apartment, where the Russos are waiting.

"Derek and Odette, what did Ember and Anton want with you two?" Asked Max. "For some reason, they want us to find three objects, but they didn't say which ones in particular." Odette said. "All we got is this confusing riddle." Derek said. He hands the paper to Alex and she reads it over. "Well?" Said Justin. "This is very puzzling indeed." Said Alex.

Not a minute too soon, Justin suddenly speaks up. "I've got it!" He said. "What have you got, bro?" Alex asked. "Well, I've got the first line. The white crystals thing you're looking for is salt." Justin said. "Of course! Salt is white and the tiny particles are crystals!" Max said. "That solves the first part of the riddle, and I have some in the kitchen of mine and Paul's room." Amanda said.

Everyone follows the young swan princess to her room, and the sound of music greets them as they walk in. It's coming from the piano that Paul is playing on. He looks up at the sound of the door opening. "Don't mind us, Paul, just pretend we're not here." Said Odette. "Pardon?" Said Paul. "Some strange couple wants Odette and I to find three objects for this thing we know nothing about." Said Derek. "The only clues to finding them are in this riddle, and so far we only figured out one." Said Amanda.

"What's next?" Asked Justin. "The second line says, 'Life giving essence from clear rivers flow'. Wait a minute!" Derek said with realization. "He's got something! What is it, bro?" Amanda asked. "The answer to that is water!" Said Derek. "Of course! Rivers have water!" Odette said. "Alright, we're getting somewhere!" Said Max.

"Now let's read the final line." Said Alex. "It reads, 'And from the top of your head does this grow'. What could that mean?" Asked Amanda. "Your hair." Paul said. "What did you say, Paul?" Derek asked. "The answer you're looking for is your hair." Said Paul. "He's right, hair grows on your head." Amanda said.

Derek and Odette share a worried glance. "They expect us to cut off our hair?!" Asked Odette in shock. "Not all of it! Just one strand." Max said. "I'll get the scissors." Justin said. "Oh, no you don't!" Alex said as she grabbed her big brother's arm.

"I got it. Odette, try not to move, sis." Said Amanda. She picks up a small piece of Odette's hair and pulls it off. "Ow!" She cried. "Sorry! Derek, you're next, bro." Amanda said. She pulls off the first strand she sees of Derek's hair. "Ow!!" He cried. "Sorry!" Said Amanda.

"I'll get the salt and water." Paul said. He heads off to the kitchen, fills a cup with water, then puts some salt inside, mixing up the two. Once the first process was done, Paul does the same thing for another cup. The whole thing took him two minutes.

Paul returns with two cups, then Amanda places Derek and Odette's strands of hair in each cup, handing them to her siblings afterwards. "I hope this helps Anton and Ember with whatever they're doing." She said.