22

After she recognized the person in front of her as Yohan, Mina's attitude took a complete 180-degree turn, and even her usual professional smile disappeared: "Looking for someone? Please go to the police station to report."

Yohan didn't expect the receptionist to be so rude. He stiffened for a moment, then looked visibly annoyed, "What's with your attitude? Is this how you treat guests at the front desk?"

Mina replied, "Of course, we don't treat guests like this. The problem is, are you really a guest? No, you're just a fraudster."

Yohan's face became even more unsightly. He realized that the front desk might have learned about his situation from Shin and didn't bother arguing further. He turned away and went to find the restaurant.

He knew Shin worked as a waitress at the hotel's restaurant. Although it was his first time here, hotels usually had signs, so finding the restaurant wasn't difficult.

Mina had wanted to stop him, but another guest came down to check out, so she had to handle that first.

When Yohan entered the restaurant, he spotted Shin tidying up a table. She was wearing the uniform of the restaurant staff, with her hair tied up in a bun and light makeup on her face. Yohan hesitated for a moment when he saw her. It had been a long time since he last saw Shin, and she seemed more beautiful than he remembered.

"Shin," he approached her and called her name. Shin froze for a moment upon hearing his voice, then turned to look in his direction.

It was indeed Yohan, she didn't mishear.

Yohan looked happy to see her and wanted to hold her hand, but Shin dodged his attempt. He hesitated for a moment, knowing that she was still angry with him. He adopted a humble posture, trying to coax her, hoping that he could be forgiven, "Shin, I know I was wrong this time. I've reflected on my actions. Can you stop being angry, please?"

Shin pursed her lips and avoided him impatiently, "I'm working; don't disturb me here."

Yohan still followed her, insisting, "Shin, I really know I was wrong. I've broken up with Soojin, can you forgive me this time?"

Shin didn't want to pay him any attention, but his words were so laughable. She stopped and looked at Yohan with a mocking expression, "You broke up? I think she dumped you, didn't she?"

"..."

Yohan bit his lips, wanting to reach out for Shin again. However, she shook off his hand and, for once, got angry, "Yohan, have some self-respect! She dumped you, and now you come back to find me. What do you take me for? A garbage dump?"

Yohan's face stiffened once again. He didn't expect Shin to speak so harshly. They had known each other for so many years, and Shin had always cared for him, never speaking to him so loudly.

Before he could react, three foreigners entered the restaurant. Shin saw the guests coming in. She didn't bother with Yohan anymore and went to greet the customers. Yohan stood aside, watching her fluently communicate with the foreign guests in English, leading them to a table by the window. Her smile was so radiant.

Yohan felt a bit dazed. When did Shin's English become so good? Back in high school, she struggled with reading textbooks and pronunciation. She used to be a shy and reserved girl with few friends in high school, and even in their small town, she was not that noticeable.

But the Shin before him was no longer the same person he used to know. She had become smarter, more beautiful, and more confident.

Yohan couldn't describe the feeling in his heart. Unconsciously, he walked up to her and called her name. Shin's smile faded when she saw him. Seeing that she still didn't intend to acknowledge him, Yohan tried a different approach, "Can I have a meal here?"