ch 2| j to the h-o-p-e

taehyung sighs, defeated in the battle, but there's still the war. is what he tells himself as he stands up going to return mr. kang's phone to him.

expectantly pacing, mr. kang fails to notice that taehyung has entered the room until he clears his throat. holding his cell out towards him, "how did it go?" eyebrows furrowed, eyes wide and awaiting taehyung's response mr. kang stares at him.

something about the glint of hope in his manager's eyes makes him upset, and he shakes his head, "she's fucking pissed..." taehyung huffs, flopping down on the couch in his apartment's living room,

holding one of the many plushes that decorate the long, L shaped sofa he buries his nose in it muffling his groan, "what did you do that has her so angry even a year later tae?" mr. kang sits down next to taehyung his hands on his knees as he looks over at taehyung inquisitively. the blonde discards the plus to the side, spreading his long limbs out to stretch before shifting to get comfortable against the sofa,

what he did...

he recalls last year's grammys to be a fucking disappointment all around. the recording academy had royally fucked his group and used them to get the views up for their dying award show and he'd fucked up so bad with you that you don't want anything to do with him anymore. but to truly understand what he'd done so wrong... he'd have to go back even further than the grammys as losing you is the consequence to an action before you two had reunited that night.

"i broke a promise," taehyung starts, looking over at mr. kang, "one i should have never, ever broken... at least not with her." he says, rubbing his clammy hands together. they'd been sweaty like this since his manager handed him the phone saying you were on the other side of it... you must have been shocked to hear his voice, he imagined how cute you looked all taken off guard, then again... you didn't sound like you were smiling like you found his actions cute.

taehyung himself can't say he's proud of what he did to get you to talk to him, but in his mind he actually believed you might see it as chivalry...

how wrong he was.

when you first started to talk you sounded so tired... like the thought of sitting next him had been really taking a toll on you... or perhaps he just has his head up his ass again and you're tired due to your grammy preparations. you did just get your first EVER grammy nomination and he's over the moon for you and he wanted to tell you, but before he could you hung up.

not like he could blame you, "it was a stupid mistake, a few nights i won't get back with people i don't miss. not how i miss her," he confesses and mr. kang nods,

"nights me and your publicist had to cover by the way.." mr. kang  juts in trying to make taehyung laugh, nudging the taller man,

and usual taehyung would laugh and it would lighten the mood, but he just nods, "i appreciate it... otherwise i wouldn't have had the opportunity to come clean to her and she would have found out through the media. i would have lost every chance to make this right." taehyung hops up, looking at his watch, "send her my number, i'm gonna get ready for my flight." taehyung pats mr. kang on his shoulder, walking pass him towards his room.

"will do captain, but do you truly think you could get her back?" mr. kang questions pulling his phone out, his brow cock.

taehyung stops in his tracks a grin curling at his lips as arrogance just can't help itself,

"she's been mine, my lil' bambi just mad at me right now. all she needs to see is i'm still hers." he shrugs, not sure is he fully believes it, but he has to tell himself that or he might die just a bit more on the inside.