Chapter 36. Best part

If they wanted to they would
_____________________________

If they wanted to they would_____________________________

Harry brings you into a hug "Hey, how are you?"

"Okay." you say with a smile.

Harry lift up Arlo into a big hug "Hey, buddy. Are you excited to go play on the playground over here?"

"yes." All laughs and nods.

You couldn't help but smile as you watched the interaction between Harry and Arlo, the bond between them growing stronger with each passing day. There was something undeniably heartwarming about seeing the two of them together.

As you reached the playground, Harry crouched down beside Arlo, his eyes alight with playful mischief.

Harry laughs before proposing "Race you to the swings?"

Arlo's eyes light up with excitement as he nods eagerly, his small hand reaching out to grasp Harry's.

"Yeah!" Arlo yell.

You can't help but chuckle at their enthusiasm, marveling at the effortless bond they share.

You lean against the nearby railing "Be careful, you two! No flying off the swings!"

Harry shot you a playful grin over his shoulder, his eyes sparkling with mischief "No promises!"

You sit down on a nearby bench. As you watched them play, a sense of gratitude washed over you, grateful for the love and laughter that fills your life, even in the midst of uncertainty and change.

Harry takes Arlo down from the swing "Hey, could you play alone for 10 minutes? I have to talk to your sis..

"Okay, 15 minutes max"

Harry laughs and sits down beside you "You're quite the tough negotiator, but alright."

You take a deep breath, gathering your thoughts before speaking "I don't know what I'd do without you, Harry."

Harry softly, takes your hand "You'll never have to find out, Y/n. I'm not going anywhere."

You sit there both looking at Arlo laughing.

"Were you ever really in love with Carl like i'm in love with you?" Harry asks.

"In love? I don't know." you answer.

"what do you mean?" Harry asks you to elaborate

"I think I thought I was, for the longest time, that that was love but now...I don't know."

"Oh." Harry thinks.

"yeah, but I don't think I was in love with him. More like the idea of him."

"hm." Harry listens.

"He's still my first love though." you say.

"But you weren't in love with him."