Apprehension [ZhongVen]

AN: This is kinda suppose to take place like.. in their first hundred or so years of life.

-

"I will prove you wrong. Just watch."

"Venti—" Zhongli tries. But Venti has already hopped on the broom and leaps off the cathedral.

Zhongli grabs for him, but he is too slow. Venti falls out of view and Zhongli's heart plummets.

He rushes toward the edge of the roof, only to be knocked back by a gust of wind, fresh like cut grass, and Venti is soaring up, riding a broom of all things. He circles round the raised tower of the cathedral, leaving Zhongli's mind dizzy with relief and the sweet scent of Venti's power.

Venti soars upward in an arc, grinning with delight, then lands with a theatrical tumble onto the rooftop.

"I told you I didn't need a wind glider," Venti says, his voice filled with glee.

Zhongli says nothing, his face pale, his mouth slightly ajar. Venti's grin falls.

"Well don't look too surprised," Venti pokes Zhongli's shoulder.

Zhongli clenches and unclenches his hands and closes his eyes momentarily. "You should act with more caution. People might worry."

The edge of Venti's mouth twitches, then a smile breaks free, "You mean you might worry."

Zhongli mumbles something. Venti looks at him, with one eyebrow raised.

"Let's get down from this rooftop, shall we?" Zhongli says.

Venti pauses, as if this is a difficult choice, then a warm smile graces his face.

"Let's," he says, holding his hand out to Zhongli.