wait can't be friends 2

Enola woke to the gentle chatter of her maids, their voices like a soothing melody in the early morning light. As she rose from her bed and prepared for the day ahead, her mind buzzed with anticipation.After carefully selecting her breakfast attire, Enola descended the staircase and made her way to the dining table. There, she found her father and the Bridgertons already seated, engaged in lively conversation.Her gaze met Tewkesbury's across the table, and a soft smile played on his lips as he gestured to the seat beside him. Enola felt a flutter of excitement in her chest as she approached, her steps light with anticipation."Good morning, Enola," Tewkesbury greeted her warmly, his eyes sparkling with mischief as he took in her appearance. "I hope you slept well."Enola returned his smile, her heart skipping a beat at the sight of him. "Good morning, Tewkesbury," she replied, her voice tinged with warmth. "I did, thank you."As she settled into the seat beside him, Tewkesbury offered her a plate of crepes adorned with banana slices, a knowing twinkle in his eye. Enola couldn't help but laugh at his playful gesture, feeling a sense of joy and contentment wash over her. As the Bridgertons engaged in lively conversation, Tewkesbury leaned towards Enola with a mischievous twinkle in his eye. "Enola, finish your food quickly," he whispered, his voice barely audible above the din of the dining room.Enola glanced at him in confusion, her brow furrowing in curiosity. "Why?" she whispered back, her curiosity piqued by his urgency.Tewkesbury's lips curled into a playful smile as he leaned closer to her ear. "It's proper that I give my future wife a tour," he murmured, his tone teasing.Enola stifled a laugh at his boldness, her cheeks flushing at the realization of what he was implying. "Fine," she whispered back, her eyes dancing with amusement. "I'll manage."With a shared grin, they returned their attention to their breakfast, exchanging playful glances as they enjoyed their meal together. As Enola took a bite of her breakfast, Mrs. Bridgerton turned to her with a warm smile. "Enola, dear, we were just discussing the upcoming social season," she said, her eyes bright with anticipation. "Do you have any particular events you're looking forward to attending?"Enola paused mid-bite, momentarily taken aback by the question. She quickly swallowed her food and composed herself before responding. "Oh, um, well," she began, gathering her thoughts. "I suppose I'm looking forward to... experiencing all that London has to offer. The balls, the soirees, the... social gatherings."Her response was met with nods of approval from the Bridgertons, and Enola felt a sense of relief wash over her. She may have been new to the world of London society, but she was determined to navigate it with grace and poise, just as she had been taught.As she resumed eating her breakfast, she exchanged a knowing glance with Tewkesbury, a silent reminder of the playful exchange they had shared earlier. And as the conversation continued to flow around them, Enola felt a sense of excitement building within her at the prospect of the adventures that awaited her in her new life as a Bridgerton.

 After Enola finished her meal, Tewkesbury rose gracefully from his seat, his eyes twinkling with excitement. "If you'll all excuse us," he said to his family with a charming smile, "I must now be off to give Enola a tour of the estate."

The Bridgertons nodded understandingly, offering their well wishes as Enola and Tewkesbury made their way out of the dining room and into the grand halls of the mansion.As they explored the sprawling estate together, Tewkesbury regaled Enola with tales of its history and pointed out its most notable features. Enola listened with rapt attention, her eyes wide with wonder as she took in the grandeur of her new surroundings.After wandering through labyrinthine corridors and ornately decorated rooms, Tewkesbury led Enola to a secluded balcony overlooking the sprawling gardens below. The sun was beginning to dip below the horizon, casting a warm glow over the landscape.Enola stepped out onto the balcony, her breath catching at the sight before her. The gardens stretched out before them, a riot of colors and scents that seemed to dance in the fading light.