#17 《Fear》

Chapter 17

"Todoroki, can you regulate temperature?" Iida asked as he pointed to the engines on his legs.

"I'm not used to it with my left yet. Why?"

"Freeze my legs!"

You and Midoriya ran towards Stain, distracting him while Iida and Todoroki fixed Iida's radiator. The green-haired boy threw a punch at him as you shot a bolt of lightning at him.

The hero killer barely managed to dodge as you threw his blade back at him.

"You're in the way!" He yelled and kicked you aside.

"Iida!"

You warned as Stain stabbed him in the arm and pinned him down on the ground.

"Recipro Extend!"

All four of you attacked at the same time. Midoriya and Iida landed a painful punch and kick on the hero killer as you electrocuted him.

Todoroki then trapped him in the ice.

You all panted with exhaustion. He's gotta be out cold right?

"Stand up! He's still..." The half and half boy said but stopped once he realized the villian was unconscious.

"He's probably knocked out after all that... right?" Midoriya asked as you sighed in relief.

"Good grief, this was stressful." You said and picked up your sword from the ground.

"Then, let's restrain him and get out to the street." Iida instructed as Todoroki melted the ice.

You made sure that he was completely out before checking for weapons.

"Is there anything to tie him up with?" Todoroki asked as you picked up one of Stain's daggers and looked closely at it.

"Just in case, let's take all his weapon off him." You said using it as an excuse to have them all to yourself.

"Good idea." The green haired boy said as you and Todoroki tied him up.

Midoriya's leg was injured so he couldn't walk. Native decided to carry him, saying it was the least he could do. Iida's arm was also badly injured. Luckily you had minor scratches on your arms.

"Now, let's quickly get him to the police--" The pro hero said as you all walked out of the alleyway.

"Wha...? Why are you here?" An elderly man dressed in a yellow hero costume said at the sight of you.

"Gran Torino!"

Midoriya exclaimed in surprise, but his face fell instantly.

"I thought I told you to stay seated on the bullet train!" The man said and kicked the boy in the face.

"Who's that?" Todoroki asked with a raised brow.

"The hero I'm interning with, Gran Torino. But how?" Midoriya answered, he was confused as to how All Might's former teacher found your location.

"I was told to come here all of a sudden. Well, I don't really know what's
going on, but I'm glad you're okay." Gran Torino said and sighed.

You noticed a group of heroes running towards you.

"It's around here!"

One of them yelled.

"Huh? Endeavor told us there was
a request for help here, but... Children?"

"Those injuries look serious! I'll call an ambulance right away!" Another hero said as he pulled out his phone.

"H-Hey, this is... Don't tell me... it's the hero killer?"

"Call the police, too!"

You felt overwhelmed by the amount of questions they were asking. "Are you hurt anywhere?" One of the heroes asked as she checked your friends for injuries.

"Can you walk?"

"If you prop me up, I can..." Midoriya replied and tried standing up with his injured leg.

"I only received minor injuries. But Iida is... He's bleeding badly..." Todoroki said as the pros rushed to see Iida's wounds.

"The ambulance will be here soon! Until then..." Gran Torino started but got caught off.

"You three... You were injured because of me. I am truly sorry. I couldn't... see anything through my anger..." The class rep said while looking down in guilt.

Midoriya's face also turned sad.

"I'm sorry, too. Even though you were feeling so cornered, I didn't notice at all.
Even though we're friends..." He said as the half and half boy spoke next.

"Pull yourself together. You're the class rep, right?"

You were getting suffocated with all the sentimental stuff. "Is the police gonna get here soon?" You asked to try and change the subject.

Before you could get a reply a flying Nomu grabbed Midoriya and and fled. All of your eyes widened as Gran Torino was about to use his quirk.

Stain somehow broke through his restraints and licked the Nomu's blood from one of the heroes. The creature froze in mid air and came crashing down.

The hero killer saved Midoriya before he could fall. What the hell just happened?

"Why are you all just standing around? A Nomu passed by here." Endeavour suddenly appeared but stopped in his tracks.

"Hero killer..."

"You fake... I must make things right...
Someone must be dyed in blood... I must take back what it means to be a hero! Come! Try and get me, you fakes!

The only one that I'll let kill me is a true hero... All Might!!!"

The air around you turned cold, you could barely breathe. Was this the work of Stain's quirk?

No, he hadn't ingested your blood, so why couldn't you move? You glanced at Todoroki beside you.

He was in the same position as you, frozen from fear.

Were you scared?

He took a step closer but stopped.

"He's unconscious." One of the hero's said making you let out a sigh of relief.

The rest of the night was a blur. Gran Torino and Manual took you and your classmates to Hosu city's hospital to treal your injuries.

The police had taken Stain into custody, but out of all the villians you had seen in the past, he was the only one who left such a big impression on you.

A small part of you couldn't help but think that his ideals weren't entirely wrong.

The hero society was corrupt.

TO BE CONTINUED...