4 Page Letter {MM}

Your name: Nia 🧡

**********

The crisp autumn air hung in anticipation as Cliff sat at his worn-out desk, pen in hand, and a glimmer of excitement in his eyes

The crisp autumn air hung in anticipation as Cliff sat at his worn-out desk, pen in hand, and a glimmer of excitement in his eyes.  The small desk lamp cast a warm glow on the paper before him as he began another letter for his girlfriend, Nia.

For weeks now, he had been pouring his heart into these anonymous love letters, each one carefully crafted to express the depth of his feelings for the woman he adored.

He's been sending them anonymously because he thought it was mysterious and romantic. It's a way to make their relationship spicy.

Cliff and Nia went to college together where they met at a poetry slam. They got the chance to graduate together with their Bachelor's degrees. Cliff decided to go back to school and get his Masters degree in English, and his experience in expanding his knowledge led to him loving to write even more. He now likes to dedicate a lot of his work to Nia because he loves her.

Nia deserved all the love that he had to offer, and she loved his writing.

"Dearest Nia," he began, his pen gliding smoothly across the paper, "As the leaves outside embrace change, so do my feelings for you continue to grow and evolve. You are the constant in my life, the anchor that grounds me in a world that can often feel chaotic."

Sometimes, he felt that his words could come off as corny. Being vulnerable on paper is scary because his words could mean something completely different to the reader. He hoped that Nia cherished them just as much as he did.

Cliff reminisced about their first meeting, the laughter they shared, and the countless memories that had woven their lives together. He has really witnessed her grow up. She has grown from a young lady to a woman right in front of his eyes.

His words danced on the page, capturing the essence of his love for Nia in a way that only his heart could convey.

He would often have to start over. There is a huge pile of balled up pieces of paper in the corner of the room. Making the perfect letter meant a lot to him. His words needed to flow and hug her heart so she could feel extra special when she reads them.

In each letter, Cliff dropped subtle hints about his future plans, weaving the theme of commitment and forever into his prose.

As the days passed, the letters became increasingly imbued with a sense of longing and devotion, leaving Nia both puzzled and enamored by the mysterious words that arrived at her doorstep.

Nia, a romantic at heart, cherished every letter that came her way. She found herself eagerly anticipating the arrival of each note, her heart swelling with emotion as she read Cliff's declarations of love. The mystery behind the letters only added to their charm, creating an enchanting aura around their relationship.

The envelopes were gold. Cliff would decorate the envelopes with red hearts. He would seal them with a gold heart that matches the color of the envelopes. His effort was charming!

Meanwhile, Cliff carefully observed Nia's reactions to his letters, finding joy in the subtle smiles and dreamy expressions that crossed her face. He knew the time was drawing near to reveal his identity and the grand plan that had been slowly unfolding within the carefully chosen words.

"These remind me of your writing," Nia said to him.

She showed him a letter that she recently got. Cliff pretended he didn't know where it came from.

They were sitting in her living room watching reruns of "Living Single." They were laid up on the couch as she was snuggled all up on him while his arm wrapped around her body.

"I like it," he said. "Whoever wrote it is talented as fuck!"

"But the writer is NOT better than you, that's for sure," Nia said as she kissed him. "But I can't get enough of these letters! The envelope is nice. The decoration is so cute. I can't wait to get more!"

"Yeah, that shit is nice," he said.

Even though Nia didn't what where the letters were coming from, she was shocked that Cliff didn't get mad or upset about it. He was a little too calm about it, but she didn't worry about it because he was also intrigued. The writing of the letters reminded her of what he used to write to her when they were in college, so it felt nostalgic.

Days had passed, and Cliff decided to add suspense. He stopped sending her letters for a week!

Nia was having a fit! She was freaking out!

She had gotten so used to getting them often that it made her upset that she didn't get anymore. Cliff chuckled to himself when he saw her upset. He had a surprise for her, so she could definitely forget about this drought that she's experiencing. She was being dramatic, but he couldn't help but to laugh at her.

As the final letter approached, Cliff felt a mix of nervousness and excitement. He poured his soul into every word, expressing not only his love for Nia but also his dreams of a future together. The crescendo of his letters reached a peak as he hinted at a momentous event that would bind them together forever.

"Nia, my love, as the days turn into nights and the stars above bear witness to our journey, I dream of a future where our lives intertwine in a dance of everlasting love. Soon, I hope to reveal the true author behind these letters and make a promise that will echo through the corridors of time."

The day arrived when Cliff carefully sealed the last letter, his heart pounding with anticipation. The time had come to unveil the mystery and take the next step in their journey. With the letter in hand, he set out to meet Nia, a ring nestled safely in his pocket, ready to transform these whispered words into a lifetime of love.