LIFE IS SWEET

IRIS POV

We were in a taxi. Willy was taking me home. I missed a day of work. My boss would be so mad at me.

"What are you thinking?" He asked with his hazel eyes looking at me.

"That maybe I'm going to be fired. There's a lot of work in the store and I'm here in the hospital." I said looking through the window.

"You have to be kidding me. Look at me." He said. I didn't move. He then grabbed my chin and made me face him. "your health is the most important thing in the world. If your boss doesn't see that maybe you need another boss." He said smirking. I softly smiled and rolled my eyes.

I then noticed we passed my street.

"Willy! We passed my street." I said.

"Oh! I know.." He said. "You are coming to my house."

"Real funny! Seriously where are we going?" I asked.

"I'm serious sweetie" He said. I glared at him. "What? I can call you sweetie. You are sweet after all." Willy said winking.

"Stop with the diabetic jokes. Where are you taking me Wonka?" I asked.

"You can't be alone. So I'm taking you to my home. I will take care of you." He said.

"You are taking a diabetic to a chocolate factory surrounded by chocolate and candy. Are you trying to kill me?" I asked with a curious look on my face.

"Never! I promise where you will be staying will be a sugar-free place." Wendy said grabbing my hand and giving a soft kiss.

That little action made me blush. I grab my hand and look out the window.

We arrived to his factory. He got out of the cab and help me out. We then walk to the door and all of a sudden the door opens. We got in and Willy helped me with my coat, well his coat. We had to throw out mine because it was covered in chocolate.

"You want to know something really funny?"I asked.

"Of course! I love funny!" He said smiling like a little kid wanting to hear a joke.

"When I was about to pass out. I saw something really funny. It was a little man with orange skin and green hair." I said laughing and he laughed with me.

"Well my darling. You didn't see wrong. They are actually my helpers. They are called Oompa loompas. From the island of Loompaland." He said.

"What?" I asked and all of a sudden I hear some music and about 5 little orange man walking to us.

I was in shock. They were really small and really Orange. Willy introduce me to them. They smiled and wave at me. I wave back and slowly walked to Willy.

"They seem nice". I whispered in his ear.

"That is because you haven't made them angry." Willy whispered back while he smiled. "Come on, I will take you to your room" He said as he guide me placing his hand on my lower back, sending chills all over my body.

We walked through a hall and saw his room. Then we passed and saw a pink and white door that reminded me of a Candy Cane.

"Here is your room. I made it specially for you. Hope you like it" Willy said as we enter the room.

"I like it. Thank you." I said looking around. It was bigger than my whole apartment.

It had a purple bed and a big closet. And if you look outside the window you can see what looks like a garden.

"I never expected you to be plant person." I said turning around to face him.

"Actually that's the Oompa loompas garden. They love plants and flowers. It reminds them of their island." Willy said walking close and looking at the garden as well.

All of a sudden a little person walked to the room. It was en oompa loompa.

"Dinner is ready" he said and walked out.

"Let's get you some food. The doctor gave me a list of things you can eat and not. So they made you a special dinner." Willy said offering his arm. I looked at it and at him and took it. As a gentleman, he walked me to the dining table and helped me with the chair.

In my plate, there was salad, chicken and rice and water. Willy was eating the same.

"Wonka, you don't have to eat the same thing as me. I sure do know you like candy. And sweet things"I said.

"I know but I want you to make you feel like you are not alone on this. You don't have to do it alone." He said smiling and taking a bit of his chicken.

My heart started beating fast and my eyes started to water. All my life, since my mother died, I had always felt alone.

"Oh Iris... Did I make you cry? I'm so sorry. I didn't mean to make you cry." He said alarmed.

I got up and walked to him. He looked worried. Then I grabbed his hand and made him get up. Then I hugged him. Really really tight.

"Thank you, Willy. Thank you so much." I said in his chest. Then I felt his arms snake around me and hugged me tighter.

"I know that life took away our mothers. And I know life treated us differently. But I sure do know something more. We are not alone anymore. We have each other and Noodle and friends. Life is beautiful. Life is sweet. We just have to know how to live with this. And see the best of it. Life is not our enemy. You have to see that and feel that." Willy said letting go of me and grabbing my face, looking at my eyes. "You were alive, but you my sweet Iris, didn't live your life. I want you to live your life. I want you to feel and be happy." He said.

And for the first time in my life. I felt happy. For a moment, I forgot to be sad.

AUTHOR NOTE: I'M SOOOOOOOOOOO SORRY! I'M REALLY SORRY I CAN'T POST AS MUCH AS POSSIBLE. WORK AND SCHOOL DOESN'T LET ME POST AS MUCH AS I WOULD LIKE TO. HOPE YOU LIKE THIS CHAPTER.

WINK AT THE LAST SENTENCE, HOPE YOU CATCH THE REFERENCE. EVERY TIME I HEAR THAT SONG, IT REMINDS ME OF IRIS.

SORRY IF THERE ARE MISTAKES. ENGLISH IS NOT MY FIRST LANGUAGE.