Chapter 1

Magnolia

Fairy tail Guild Hall

Natsu Dragneel, Fairy tail's resident Fire Dragon Slayer, raised by Igneel his foster farther who is the Fire Dragon King, was gaping at Master Makarov who just finished reading out the names of the people who were going to take part in the S-class exams.

Gray Fulbuster

Cana Alberona

Gajeel Redfox

Juvia Lockser

Freed Justice

Levy McGarden

Mest Ryder

Elfman Struass

As you can tell by the names, there is no sign of the resident fire-breather who will be participating.

"Hahaha, Hey Gramps, no need to play this joke with us. We all know that my name is on the list and it is deserved to be." Everyone agreed with what Natsu had said and responded with a cheer and were about to party. But quickly looking at the platform and see the rising demonic energy coming from both the master and the scarlet haired mage, Erza Scarlet. "QUITE DOWN AND LISTEN TO THE MASTER!"

After everyone was quieting down, it was then that the master started to speak. "Natsu." Gaining said mages attention. "The reason why your name hasn't been read out because you have not been picked for the S-class exams." Once the master explained that Natsu hasn't been chosen. Many mages started to protest saying how he has every right to be considered being apart the line-up.

Whilst every mage was defending Natsu which he would have been grateful if he wasn't focused on looking at the master, who was looking quite irritated by all the noise and not bothering looking at him. The Scarlet haired woman was listening clenching her fist tight trying to hold in her outburst. On the inside everyone was right, she has seen many of Natsu's feats from when they were after the demon lullaby, helping defeat Gajeel who was Phantom Lord's ace and fighting off Jose even if it was a short while before the master came in and activated Fairy Law. She has been along all of Natsu's recent adventures and can safely safe that he can, no has surpassed her expectations. Yet she is standing behind the master and not joining in and helping Natsu in trying to secure a spot.

Mirajane however, was completely upset with herself. Upset that she is powerless and with the 3 on 1 situation stacked against her, she couldn't persuade the master and Gildarts into believing in Natsu and give him the opportunity he deserves. She has watched him grow over the past 7 years of him coming and has seen his mature side when he looked after her when everyone believed Lisanna died at that time. During the time they got to know one another better and Natsu even surprised her that he can cook by just having the taste and smell of her food and when she was cooking. Mira can safely and 100% say that Natsu is stronger than her and can get stronger in the near.

But what is she doing now? Standing on the spot looking at her feet and keeping quite whilst everything is going on in the background. To her she is looking down because she doesn't want to see the look on his face which she considers cute. she just wants to see that big toothy grin that always melts her heart when she looks at it every day and it widens when they make eye contact which she swears he only reserves it for her.

Taking a quite peak at to see his face, she can only see how upset he truly he is even when he is keeping a blank expression on his face when looking at the master.

Sensing that Mira was looking at him, Natsu quickly glanced at her to see that she is looking at him with a sad frown on her face, which seeing wet cheeks can guess that she was crying. So before turning his attention back to the master for him to explain why he wasn't chosen, he gave here a small fine in reassurance that he was glad she believed him. which instantly caused her to widen her eyes and let out a small tear before giving him a small fine on her gorgeous face.