Chapter "25"

"I think Lisa spilled the truth pretty well and you didn't even try to defend yourself" I said.

"That's because half of it was true" he said then stopped me from saying anything more and continued talking.

"Lisa and I were in a secret relationship after we agreed that we would keep it in the low because first of all I still wasn't over my godfather Jules' death and I couldn't process it, second of all I made it my goal to join Ferrari by the followed season so I needed all my focus and the last reason was that my dad was so sick and in the hospital and the media knew about so it wouldn't look good if our relationship came out with all those reasons stopping us so my old PR manager suggested that once my dad feels better and I get accepted in Ferrari, I can then confirm Lisa and l's relationship" Charles explained and took a deep breath before continuing.

"After we both agreed to be a secret till then, I began concentrating more on practices and training a long with checking on my dad in the hospital every single day but every time I went to visit him, the doctors said that his condition was getting worse and so I lied to him so I can see his smile and proudness for the last time, I told him that I signed a contract with Ferrari and that I will begin so soon, my mom was mad at me for lying and knew it was wrong but seeing the smile on his face was worth telling him what he always wanted to hear" Charles continued and I held his hand after I saw that he was nervously playing with my bracelet.

"A few days after I told him, he passed away and I broke down because I've lost three of the most precious people in my life in just a few years, Jules then Antoine and then my father so I made it my top priority to actually join Ferrari for the sake of my father and when I did, Lisa began being impatient and kept asking everyday when are we going public but I just couldn't, I couldn't let people see me broken but still manage to have a girlfriend so she began arguing with me a lot about it and then I realized that she wasn't there when I was at my lowest and that she wanted fame more than she wanted me" Charles sighed and looked out of the window, his eyes welled up and I've never felt so shitty.

I should have heard him out before I judge him and I should've listened to kika and Pierre to let him explain himself, what he went through was so hard yet his ex girlfriend had her mind somewhere else.

I stood up from the table and went to hug him, and I felt him relaxed the minute I put my arms around him.

🥀🥀🥀🥀🥀

@f1paddock

1/2