24

Their clothes barely survived the apparation, flying in all directions as they appeared in Severus' room. She bent over the bed and Severus took up the space between her legs, ever so gently pushing her feet even further apart.

There was roughness to his movements, but he was not rough with her. Unlike their usual bouts of animal lust, every move was calculated. When he shifted her from the bed to the floor, he held her like a fragile vase. When her body shuddered underneath him as the orgasm tore through her, he gently circled her clit and drew it out in a symphony of sparks.

It was an unforeseen turn, but Jynx didn't question the softness or the change in the tempo of his hips. She instead changed her own moves to mirror his. She sanded down the rough edges and slid smoothly into the slots.

Hours went by and neither of them noticed, willingly sucked into the vortex that was the other. Even after their sore bodies gave out, they laid curled into each other, listening to the soft words or quiet breaths.

Jynx wrapped herself in Severus' cloak to make and bring tea. They both deserved some sustenance after their excursion.

The house was still and quiet on the other side of the door, thick slashes of moonlight fell across the hall and lit up the walls throughout the house. Demi had all but been forgotten until she rounded the corner into the kitchen where he sat with an unsatisfied look on his face.

His eyes were red and swollen, his face pale, his hands were wrapped so tightly around the cup in his hands she thought it might shatter. He stared at her, loosely fitted inside Severus' cloak like a toga, her wand tucked tightly at her side. His eyebrows drew down and the cup shattered in his hands. Liquid flowed over the table and splattered on his face and the cup crumpled in on itself, becoming a pile of shards.

"You don't get to do that," Jynx muttered, the hurt resurfacing like the rolling boil in a pot.

His eyes snapped to hers, the cloak no longer the point of injury, "Do what?" he snapped.

"You don't get to be angry with me because you lied to me for more than ten years!" she shouted, her voice rising with each word.

His shoulders fell, and he ran his hand over his face to wipe away the liquid that spewed from the cup, "Jynx, I never-"

She hardly felt the shadow at her back before he spoke, his voice smooth as velvet. No hint of the anger she could feel radiating from him carried in it, "Yes, please tell her. We would love to hear it."

Demi took a deep breath before standing from his seat. He ran his fingers through his dark hair, stalling, looking for the words to twist in just the right way. Instead he pointed his wand at Severus, his blue eyes glimmered with a murderous shine.

Severus placed his hand on Jynx's shoulder, attempting to pull her from the line of fire but she stayed. He would rather fight than face her. He would rather bury everything they ever were than build something new. He would rip Severus from her before he let her go. She shouted "Flipendo!" and Demi flew across the kitchen, directly into the cabinet that housed all the old china. The doors opened and dishes fell in a clatter, some shattering on Demi's head.

Demi sat crumpled on the floor, his expression riddled with betrayal but Jynx felt no remorse. She crossed the room, her wand steadily aimed at his heart. The broken shards pressed into her feet, but they were nothing compared to the wrath in her heart. She bent down to face him, her eyes welled with the tears of the girl he had hurt so long ago. The girl who attempted to burn the forest because she cherished him, "Get out," she whispered.

He stammered, forming no full words, just unintelligible noises. His shaking hands reached for her but retracted. Finally his eyes met hers, tracing back and forth between the emerald and gray, looking for a trace of a chance that she might change her mind. Then he was gone.