40. Valentine's Touch

Do upvotes/likes and comments. Tell me if you are not liking the story.

With their light banters, they both headed towards their room. As the sat on the bed , Ishqi was able to see some concern in Ahaan's eyes.
"Kya hua Ahaan? Sab thik hai na?", she asked.
"I am just worried about Kartik, I think vo jyada pressurize feel kar raha hai.", he replied.
"Haa shayad. But don't worry we have talked to him. Use thoda time dijiye. Agar kuch problem hogi toh hum toh hai hi uske saath." , she reassured. He nodded.
She said, "Chaliye ab sojate hai."
"Mera dessert abhi baki hai." , he said with a playful glint.
She smiled and placed her lips on his lips. After the passionate kiss, both drifted to sleep.

Few days more passed. One day,Ahaan had finished his work earlier so he went to Ishqi's boutique to pick her up. Ahaan was sitting on the sofa outside her cabin as she was in some meeting. He then started scrolling his phone doing some calls. After around 45 minutes, Ishqi came outside along with her clients. She was talking with the clients when her eyes fell on Ahaan who was waiting for her.
"Ahaan , aap kab aaye?", she asked. Ahaan got up and went near them and replied, "Bas thodi der pehle hi aaya." The client was a young man of late twenties. Ishqi tightly held the arm of Ahaan and pulled him a  little closer to her and introduced him to the client,"Mr. Kurkreja, meet my husband Mr. Ahaan Khanna." She extended the word husband. Ahaan was a little surprised by her behaviour but he came to know that Ishqi was doing it intentionally, he smiled a little. He then did a handshake with the client and exclaimed, "Nice to meet you Mr Kurkreja."Mr. Kurkreja just nodded and soon left the boutique.

Ahaan now turned towards Ishqi and smirked.
"Kya tha ye?", he asked. "Kya?", she questioned, trying to pretend.
"Tumne janbujkar muje khicha and jis way se muje introduce kiya, it was not normal.", he stated.
She smiled sheepishly and replied,"Toh aur kya karti main? Jabse meeting start hui hai tabse vo Kurkreja flirt karne ki koshish kar raha tha, matlab bande ko ek baar bhi mera sindoor aur mangalsutra nahi dikha. Irritate karke rakha tha usne, but important client hai toh bas avoid kar rahi thi. Issliye aap dikhe toh aapko introduce karvake uski bolti band kardi maine."
Ahaan chuckled listening to her.
"Hass kya rahe hai aap? Koi yaha aapki biwi par try kar raha hai aur aapko hasi aa rahi hai." , Ishqi exclaimed.
"Well my wife knows how to manage the situations and shutdown unwanted advances.", Ahaan responded with a proud smile. She smiled.
Ahaan continued, "On a serious note, agar vo jyada kuch aur karne ki koshish kar raha hai toh batana muje, I will be with you in the meetings."
Ishqi appreciated his concern and spoke, "Jarur bataungi, but I guess uski jarurat nahi padegi, kyu ki deal final hogayi hai so kuch bhi communication hoga toh vo hamare assistants ke through hojayega."
Ahaan nodded and after wrapping up the things they headed towards their home.

During the journey, Ishqi was looking outside, her eyes falling on the streets where people were selling red roses, teddy bears, chocolates, balloons and many other things as it was the valentine's week.
She turned her head forward and called out his name and he hummed. "I am thinking why do people celebrate this valentine's week? I know, sab bolte hai ki they celebrate love during this week. But I think ki kya apne pyaar ko celebrate karne ke liye aapko koi specific day ya week ki jarurat hai?"
Ahaan glanced at her with a thoughtful expression,"Well some people find joy in having designated moments to express and celebrate their love. It's like a reminder to appreciate the special bond you share with someone."
Ishqi nodded, "True, but I feel every day should be a celebration of love, not just a specific week. Don't you think so?"
Ahaan smiled, "Absolutely, Ishqi. But if doing something special brings a smile and joy to your beloved partner , then it's worth celebrating."
She smiled and they continued their journey.

They got stuck in the traffic and a man was selling red roses vehicle by vehicle. The man knocked at the window of their car and Ahaan bought one rose. He handed over the rose to her and said, "Every day is a celebration, but let's add a touch of Valentine's magic today."
She smiled at his gesture and exclaimed, "You are impossible."
He smiled and suddenly he felt her lips on his cheek. He was surprised. Soon the traffic was released and they drove towards the home.

At night, Ishqi was making designs on laptop when Ahaan 's mobile was beeping with a message. Firstly, she ignored but there were 2-3 continuous beeps, and as Ahaan was in the washroom, she picked up his phone to see who was messaging him at this hour. She finds notification of Payal 's messages. She was going to open the message when Ahaan came and snatched his phone.
"Kisike messages bina puche read karna buri baat hai." , he said sheepishly.
"Main read bhi nhi karti, vo toh aapka phone kabse vibrate kar raha tha, jaaiye baat kijiye apni saali se .", she replied and continued her work.
He chuckled at her and then went to the balcony to talk with Payal. He called her and she picked up the call.
"Jiju aapne jaisa bola tha vaisa ho gaya, kal pura work aap dekhlena ki perfect hai ki nahi.", Payal exclaimed with joy on the other side of the phone.
"Tumhari excitement ke chakkar mein abhi Ishqi ko birthday se pehle hi uske surprise ke baare mein pata chal jaata.", Ahaan said.
"Oops ! sorry jiju.", she sighed.
"Accha chalo vo sab chhodo, and thank you for the help." , he responded.
"Aap kya Di ki tarah thank you bolne lag gaye, thanks toh mujhe aapko bolna chahiye jiju ki aapne Di ke boutique ko vast karneka socha.", Payal thanked him.
Ahaan smiled and said,"Tumhari Di meri wife hai, itna toh kar hi sakta hu and it's a team work. Chalo ab rakhta hu , kal milte hai, Good night."
Payal too wished him good night and cut the call.

Ahaan went back to their room and found Ishqi engrossed in her work. She looked at him and raised her eyebrows, asking him, "Everything okay, Ahaan?"
"Sab thik hai, vo bas kuch presentation mein issues the Payal ko.", he replied.
She nodded and continued her work. He came and sat near her.
"Koi mujhe bolta rehta hai ki main laptop se itna chipka na rahu.", he complained.
"Bas  thoda final touch dena baki hai." , she replied.
He nodded and started looking at her work. Moreover he was admiring her work, soon Ishqi finished the work and Ahaan kept her laptop on the table and they both lay down on the bed.
Ahaan took Ishqi into his embrace and slightly pressed her head and soon sleep engulfed them.

The next day, Payal and Achintya showed the work to Ahaan and Ahaan was really impressed by it and he appreciated them. Later, they both went out of his cabin.

[Ahaan knew that Achintya has good knowledge about marketing and stuffs so for Ishqi 's boutique, he hand over the task to him. But when Payal got to know about Ahaan's surprise, she wanted to help him. Ahaan already mentioned her about Achintya handling the task, but she wanted to do it for them, so she told him that she could manage working with Achintya.]

Payal was packing her stuff for going back to her office when Achintya came with two coffee mugs and gave her a mug.
"Kya hum thodi der baithkar baat kar sakte hai?", Achintya requested.
She nodded and they both took the seats. There was awkward silence for few minutes.
Achintya thought to broke the silence, "Payal, kya tum muje... I mean hamare rishte ko ek mauka de sakti ho?" , he hesitantly asked.
"Rishta...kaisa rishta Mr. Achintya Raghuvanshi? I think jo bhi tha hamare beech, it was all due to the bet." ,she stated.
"Payal pls don't say like this, maine tab bhi kaha tha aur aaj bhi keh raha hu, it was all real for me. But that night...", he couldn't complete his sentence.
"Kya hua Achintya aage bol kyu nahi paa rahe? Tum toh thik se bol bhi nahi paa rahe, but have you ever thought ki mere par kya beeti hogi. Aaj bhi main uss raat ko bhul nahi paati, logo par trust karna bhul gayi hu main, sirf tumhari vaja se. And you are asking for a second chance?" , she said with tears in her eyes.
Payal didn't want to shed her  tears infront of him , so she left the place.
Achintya sat there with guilt. He was trying to change himself but his guilt was eating him from inside.

To be continued...

Do tell how was the part.