When I Tell Him That I Want It, He Says Louder

Sweat glistened off his skin from his latest performance, and the last one for the night. Heading to his makeshift dressing room, he wiped his forehead with his arm, smearing some makeup. Davey closed the door behind him and relaxed against the wall, panting slightly at the change in temperature. Sauntering to the mirror, he examined himself and his outfit with pride.

Before he could get any further into though, there was a knock at the door, dragging his attention away from the reflection. Davey furrowed his eyebrows and walked over the door. He hadn't been expecting any visitors tonight and had no dances planned.Opening the door, he was met with Veronica, looking concerned.

"Veronica? Is everything alright?" Davey asked, opening the door wider and inviting her inside.
Nervously, she looked around before gaining the courage to say what she needed. Biting her lip, she met Davey's eyes.

"My Ma fell ill, and I feel so bad for asking- I'm so sorry- but would you be willing to take over a burlesque for me tonight? It's in twenty. You can keep the money you made and-" She spouted, looking pained. He wondered how long she had been keeping this in. Pulling Veronica into a hug, he smiled at her.

"Don't worry about it, okay? Go be with your folks, and I'll give you the money for it later. Medicine is expensive." Davey spoke softly, pulling back to meet her eyes. Tears bloomed in hers and her shoulders sagged with relief.

"You're the best thing that's happened to this theatre, Davey. Thank you so much," Sighing in relief, Veronica took off, closing the door behind her. He blushed at the words and went back to his vanity, fixing his messed up makeup for the burlesque he now had. Davey picked up his makeup paste and spread it against his forehead, blending his natural skin into the creamy expanse.

Once he was assured in his makeup, he placed it back on his vanity and checked the pocket watch his father gave him before setting it down on the counter once again. It was almost time. Pepping himself up, Davey swayed his hips, blowing the lamps out as he left the room.

The halls were dimly lit as he approached the burlesque room, shortly wondering who the patron was. He supposed it would be another older man with infidelity in his wedding band. Davey turned the knob gently, putting on his Bowery act before entering the room.

Romantically lit, the velveteen chair and bed stood out against the dark wood walls. It wasn't anything he wasn't used to by this point. What was unusual was the figure of a young man sitting in the chair. To Davey, the man almost looked uncomfortable. Hearing the door close behind Davey, the man turned around and Davey gasped lightly before he could help himself.

Spot Conlon was sitting in the chair, waiting for a burlesque dance. He swallowed thickly, trying to re-orientate himself. The very boy he fancied was here, about to get a dance from him. He wanted to run out of the room, but Spot's words kept him in place.

"O-oh," Spot whispered before becoming angry, "I-I'se gonna kill Racetrack. The hell he sign me up for?" He growled, clenching his fists against the velvet. It reassured him oddly that Spot had as much clue about it as he did. Comforted in this discovery, made a promise to Veronica, after all. She needed that money.

Stopping momentarily, Davey moved the needle from the record player onto the vinyl, sighing as he prepared himself to dance on the lap of the boy he liked. The music started and he began.

Quietly shushing Spot, he sauntered toward him, letting his hips sway as his heels clacked against the wooden floor, making their way toward the chair.
Letting a seductive smile cross his lips, he dragged his fingertips over the shorter's chest, making him shiver. Spot's responsiveness surprised him. He's never seen the other boy this compliant or reactive.