➝ 010.

Pedri walked out of he bathroom. he had just washed his face with cold water and brushed his teeth.

he spotted Melisa waking up with a frown on her face. "hey," she started. "you're up early". her husband nodded his head and ran a hand through his hair.

"i am. i was about to get everything ready for the twins" he spoke. Melisa rubbed the sleep out of her eyes and sat upright , with her back against the headboard.

"let me help you" she muttered and got out of their warm bed. Pedri nodded his head before he grabbed a shirt and pulled it over his head. he glanced at his wife to see her disappear into the bathroom.

the footballer walked over to where his hoodie laid and he got out the two matching bracelets. those were a great memory for him.

Lacy had stayed up all night making it for them while he was at training.

the more he looked at it , the more he grew attached to it.

he couldn't give them away. he just couldn't.

he knew Lacy gave the bracelets for him for the sole reason to gift them to the twins , but he just couldn't let them go.

so he opened the drawer and put the two bracelets where a familiar book was. Pedri quickly shut the drawer once again and walked out of the bedroom.

it was kind of dark outside and the house was quiet , meaning that the twins were still sound asleep.

Pedri turned on the lights and got the muffins , cupcakes and the cake out of the fridge.

Melisa walked into the kitchen , looking fresh and saw Pedri placing the cupcakes on the little stand.

"want some coffee?" Melisa asked him as she walked over to the cupboard. "sure" he answered , hesitantly.

Melisa took out two cups and began to make them coffee while Pedri placed the cake neatly on it's stand.

"what time is the guests coming?" Melisa asked as they moved around the spacious kitchen. "at 10." he answered curtly.

the time was currently 6 am , so they had more than enough time to get things ready for the birthday party.

"who else is coming?" his wife questioned.

"Leo , Anto and their kids said they were coming as well. it was last minute since Inter Miami canceled their game" he explained to her.

Melisa just listened as he spoke. this was the most he ever spoke to her in quite a while.

Melisa placed the cup of coffee infront of him and walked around the counter. "thank you" he spoke quietly and picked up the cup , taking a sip.

Melisa just analyzed him. she wondered where things went wrong with them.

she watched as he placed the cake , cupcakes and muffins in the fridge for later.

Melisa nibbled on her lower lip , as a frown made its way to her forehead. "i think we need to go to couple's therapy"

Pedri raised a brow and turned his head to his wife. "couple's therapy? for what?" Melisa gave him a look. "can't you see how we're living like strangers , Pedri? we no longer even look at each other for more than 10 seconds" Melisa let out.

her voice was soft since she didn't want to wake the twins up. Pedri scoffed and turned around to open the cupboard.

"walking away and ignoring the problem isn't going to help us , Pedri. we need to talk this out" Melisa spoke. she felt the tears prickle in her yes.