9. Sun's

Jason Todd was a strong man. He fought for his life since the moment he was born, and he even somehow managed to fight death.

He liked to be challenged, but maybe this time was a little too much challenge. He was fighting in a sinking submarine and the freaking criminal wouldn't let go of his leg. Arrogant bastard even sais he would  make Jason drown woth him. Yeah right, like he ever could.

Jason got off his grip and the last thing he remembers is swimming towards the surface.

When he opened his eyes again, Jason was feeling numb all over. It took a minute to register that there was someone by his side, but as soon as he did his body mooved on auto pilot, grabbing his gun by his side and pointing it at the person's head.

The woman melted his gun and that's when Jason realized who it was : Koriand'r, also known as Starfire. She calmed him down and told him to lay back down, but she used a weirdly polite tone.

After a few minutes, it struck Jason that his brother's -ex apparently- girlfriend didn't recognize him. She did say he looked familiar though, maybe he just reminded her of Dick. He wasn't too happy about it but he had to admit that Bruce Wayne had a thing for adopting kids with blue eyes and black hair, so that kind of made them look like actual siblings. Kori and Jason chatted for a bit, they even had a heart-to-heart conversation that was followed by a heated night -and not only hot because Kori was like a freaking Sun-. Jason wasn't as interested in sex as he thought, it turns out.

A few days later, he finally managed to repare a computer and when he looked at the news, he saw his favorite ginger on the first page, beate n up but still somehow looking cheeky, making a peace sign to the camera. As usual, his heart skipped a beat. He would have thought that if the Lazarus Pit could fix death, it could at least fix something as stupid as his hopeless crush on Roy Harper. But the second he saw him again in Gotham, his mouth went dry and he even almost tripped. He was so glad for the helmet, because his face must have been matching the color. He also wondered why Roy was in Gotham, and maybe, maybe, he hoped that it was for him.

Days passed, adn then weeks and Jason saw how Roy was looking for him every time he went out on patrol. Still, the youngest couldn't bring himself to speak to his crush. What if Roy was dissapointed ? Mad ? What if he just...changed too much ? He didn't want to think about Roy leaving him when everybody else did, so he just used his Red Hood persona to act as if he barely tolerated him, and those times he saved him ? Strictly buisness.

Right now though, as he looked as is beaten up face on the screen, he had no doubts anymore. Maybe it was the Universe sendinf him a sign, or at least he wanted to believe so.

So he turned to Kori, a cheeky grin on his face. "Are you up for a road-trip ?".

He made up a quick plan and soon, Kori took them both to Qurac.

When he entered the prison's courtyard, he was glad to see that despite being convicted to death setence, he didn't loose his smile. Jason knew better than to be blinded by that though, but it still reassured him a little. He started his priest speech and the look on Roy's face when Jason showed him his bow would be the best thing ever if he didn't make an even more surprised face when he saw Jason blowing up the disguise. 

They then killed a bunch of people -they were assholes anyway- and Jason led Roy to the military car that he stole after Roy made a comment about wanting the Batmobile. "Roy Harper speechless ? You just made this whole trip worth it !". He laughed and started the car while Roy continued to shoot arrows from the trunk.

Fortunately, Kori came to save their human asses before they were blown up by the military. She got them all safely back to the Island. 

As soon as he saw her, Roy was mesmerized. And that, that Jason didn't miss it. He sighed internally, even after coming back from the dead he stood no chance against Roy. Hell, if Dick didn't tell him that the ginger was bisexual he would even think that he was straight because of how he drooled before every woman. In the back of his mind, Jason started to wonder what happened with Roy's ex kinda girlfriend, Cheshire. Sure the ginger used to flirt with everybody, but Jason knew that Roy was easily attached to the persons he dated or flirted with. How Jason wished he would just look his way...As a teen, he stood absolutely no chance becasue the older was almost an adult because of their six years gap, but now Jason was nineteen ! And even as an adult he stood no chance given how Roy just ate Kori with his eyes.

The three of them settled on the island and then decided to just relax on the beach. Jason lent Roy clothes and bought him others online. They were a bit too big on Roy though because Jason had become a mountain, apparently.

It was a bit awkward at first when Kori left, but Roy was more than happy to finally have time to speak with the former Robin. "So," he started while turning to the young adult," how come Kori doesn't remember us ? Does she even remeber Dick ? And damn, was she this hot back int Titans day ??" Roy whistled and Jason just rolled his eyes. "Apparently she remebers bits of her relationship with Dick and the Titans but her brain doesn't have the best memory, at least that's what she told me. And stop looking at her like that dammit, that's basically sexual harrassement at this point." Roy laughs and playfully hits Jason on the shoulder "Oh come on Jaybird, like you were never attracted to a woman ! Or a man, for that matter. Not like it makes any difference for me, anyway !". The younger rolls his eyes again "I died before fully hitting puberty, unlike you whos puberty never stopped.". Roy snorts at that but doesn't push, simply enjoying to have a chat with his Jaybird. "Oh and, Roy, choose between calling me Jaybird and your trachea.". Roy laughed again, noticing the glint of playfulness that Jason tried so hard to hide.

After that they sat on a comfortable silence, Jason catching a glimpse of Roy's abs from time to time until Kori told him that someone wanted to talk to him, so he went.

Though, he did see very well how Kori and Roy went in direction of their bedroom, Roy holding the Tamarean by the waist. He thought he was over it, but turns out he wasn't...

I should really write sooner than the day I'm supposed to post- but here's the chapter ! Hope you enjoyed it and look forward for tomorrow's valentine's special !!