Chapter 11: The final exam

It was 2 days before the exam. I was packing up my stuff till Luna entered the room "oh, hey. Do you need something before I leave?" I asked with a smile, she shook her head "no, I just wanted to say my goodbyes and walk you till the pillars" I smiled and ran to hug her.

"I'm going to miss you Luna!!" She laughed and patted my head. I hugged her tightly which made her laugh even more "okay, now, now, you don't want to slice into 2 pieces" I let my grip go a little "I will miss you too Mika, but after all that training I want to see that you nail that exam!" I nod "you can count on me!"

After that, I had all my stuff packed and was ready to go.

I was outside the door and saw Hikaru running towards me while Osamu was right behind him. "hey guys!" I waved "Mika!!" I heard Hikaru yell out my name as he was stopping right in front of me.

I sat down till I reached his height and petted him and he glared at me "you're fluffy" I said "I'm not your pet you know-" he was cut off by me picking him up "seriously" I just gave him a smile.

I saw Osamu and Luna laughing "what?" they shook their heads "oh it's nothing" Luna said standing up straight "come on, let's go" Osamu said which we all nodded too.

We walked down the hill and we walked through the small kitsune town till someone came up to us "hey...you're familiar" I said which the human kitsune nodded to "It's me, the one who handed you the scroll to sign your name in. I'm Danica" I smiled "yep, I remember you. I'm Mizuki but call me Mika" I said.

"well Mika, Morana wishes to meet you before your leave" I nod "I will come right away" I turned around and saw them nodding before I could say anything "can you all come along?" asked Danica which Luna accepted immediately and both the male Kitsunes took a second to answer but accepted.

Me, Luna, and Danica were walking up front while the male Kitsunes were walking behind us. We all were walking to the tunnel to meet up with Morana.

"I heard you trained hard Mika" I heard Danica say which made me smile "yeah...thank you!" we were in front of the tunnel. Danica turned to look at us "we made it! Who's first time to enter?" Danica asked which the male Kitsunes replied too.

"Well don't get scared regardless of her huge kitsune body. She is the oldest around here" she turned around and started to enter the tunnel and we followed along. There were golden crystals 'I didn't really care to notice these till I did a jutsu that the ice crystals appeared gold. I thought they were for design in this tunnel' I turned my head in front of me as we were about to reach the end.

we walked out of the tunnel "I really love the beauty of this place...I haven't been here since she was here" Luna whispered to herself which I heard and made me smile. A big shadow covered us "Morana..." I heard Luna say "Long time no see Luna" Morana said.

I saw Hikaru walk beside me and looked up at me which made me confused but I bended down "what is it?" I asked and I saw him look away embarrassed "can you...pick me up...?" I smiled and picked him up and saw him get comfort in my arms.

Luna and Morana were getting along with each other and talking about their old memories of my mom and other stuff while Hikaru slept in my arms and I was talking to Danica and Osamu.

Morana looked at me "you're getting along with Hikaru?" I nod "looks like it" I looked at him while he was still asleep "I told you to come here to wish you the best of luck on your Chunin exam" She said which I replied with a thanks.

We stayed a little longer to say our final goodbyes and started to walk out.

"I miss this...you remind me so much of my old times you know" she ruffled through my hair "I haven't smiled in so long that it feels like centuries since I found happiness" I smiled "I will not fail you in the exam and I'll return and make you happier than you are now. I promise that!" I said then noticed we were in front of the pillars.