Chapter 31

Chapter31
~•Bhai dooj•~
Kayinat

"Happy birthday, kay baby," my friends exclaimed as soon as I opened my eyes.

"You guys in my room?" I was astonished to see them in my room.

"Happy 16th birthday, get the light of your life. I know this year was a turning point for you, and I am glad you finally have a family who cares about you. I know there is a distance between you guys, but I know it will end soon. I know God has finally decided to do justice to you, and all I wish for is love, happiness, and a successful life," Lily said with tears in her eyes.

"Thank you so much, Lilly. I really appreciate that you were in my life then and today; no matter how my life changes or how many people come, you will always be important and prioritized ." I hugged her back and thanked her for her presence.

"K. Thank you so much for coming into my life. I know we hadn't been friends for long, but the day you arrived and became my friend. Honestly, it was the best day of my life. I miss my brother terribly, but I know you're here to make me feel better. You know you never felt envious while I was talking to your brother. You constantly make me feel like I'm a part of a group and your family. Thank you for being there, Kay." Roop walked over and hugged me, expressing herself.

"Honestly, thank you so much but without you I wouldn't have survived in the school and in the India you became my first friend here and now I'm grateful that I came India and met you" I wrap my arms around you as I say this.

I wish you a very happy birthday. You are the light of our lives. I know you've endured a lot, but I know you now have nothing but happiness, so stop making your brother pout over these things and instead go over and make up with your brothers; they are actually the ones you need in your life, providing parenting, tutoring, and protectiveness. "Your life's missing puzzle is here." This time, Grace hugged me.

"Thanks to you, Grace. You've always been an amazing friend. Thank you, and I am thankful that you are staying with me." I wiped away tears as I said this.

"I truly believe Aunty should leave you alone so that you can come to us and become more precious and meaningful to us. We become your top priority. I know I seem selfish, but you are the missing piece of your life's puzzle. I do not know about your brother, but I am confident that we are here to defend you, and you are a source of pride. Thank you so much for being my friend, and happy sweet sixteen, sweetie." Esther shouted in my ear.

"Thank you for living with me, Esther, and I hope we can keep this friendship for the rest of our lives." I kissed her as I said this.

"Now, stop the emotional drama, and are you going to stay here for the entire day? Your brothers specifically asked us to prepare and bring you to today's bhai dooj, remember." Roop said as putting the breakfast tray on table.

I stood up instantly and dashed to restroom. I returned after 30 minutes, and no one was in my room. Of course, they have gone to get ready themselves as well. As you are aware, this is the first time they will celebrate, particularly Lily, Esther, and Grace; however, Roop has already celebrated it with her brother, but this year will be different, and I am sure she will miss her brother, but I hope my brothers do not exclude her from this group.

I wore a white lehenga. White is my favourite color because it represents purity. It has no stains on it. I have no combination of anything simple and pure, such as my behaviour and nature. I despise adulteration, and white represents the absence of adulteration.

After getting ready, I came out of my room and noticed that all of my friends were walking towards me. When I saw my friends in those costumes, I realized Lily, Grace, and Easter were wearing anything Indian for the first time in their lives and looked like goddesses. They were so lovely . So beautiful so elegant they were looking like just a wow.