chap 1

"How much is a Dr. P and a pretzel... heavy on salt...?" asks  the five foot eight duster, who has as much fashion sense as Adam Sandler, leaning across on the concessions stands counter.

"Nelson, it costs the same as it cost yesterday, and the day before that." I scowl restocking the Airhead supply, before tucking a loose strand of my blonde hair back behind my ear.

" Put it on my tab BP. " winks the broke regular leaning further across the wooden counter.

" Again nice try Nelson, but that would be a whopping seven dollar total." I continue in suit.

"Brynn Peterson, I sware to God I don't know what I would do with our my daily Dr. Pepper and pretzel. I- I just... don't know...what might happen to me...," sniffled the lopsidedly fluffy hair styled brunette, feigning a sniffle and laying it hard on the puppy dog eyes.

"What doesn't kill you makes you stronger. Zane...I think your gonna make it." I say sarcastically earnest, reaching across the counter and gives his arm a squeeze of encouragement. Zane gives me a death glare and incoherently mutters naughty words before pulling out a ten.

I smile sweetly, laced with a smirk of victory, as I toss him a chilled Dr. P, and then obediently start dumping a life supplies worth of salt on a fresh pretzel. I smooth out three crinkled ones and slide them across the counter before saying, " Your welcome, Brynn."

Zane sniffed and pretending to be wounded replied, " BP...not even after all these years... I've known you since mites...I'm quite hurt that I don't get a family discount."' I snorted and Zane held his head high dismissively as he un screwed his soda pop cap.

Well attempted too, those caps might be child proof...that would explain.

" Need some help there bud?" I question holding my chin in my hands and propping my elbows on the counter, while watching Tru Crime on how a innocent Dr. P was going to meet a brutal and expectedly explosive end.

"No shit Sherlock," chirps the seventeen going on five-year-old maturally surrendering the drink. I open it easily with expertise giving the douchebag his precious Dr. Pepper and crimson bright red ears. As I'm secretly and inwardly laughing my ass off, Carter walks in right behind Zane.

"Your early practice isn't for an hour," grunts Carter bumping Zane's shoulder, causing Zane to stumble backwards blowing out Dr. Pepper spit all over my white Nike hoodie. Nice.

Let me explain better, Carter is not a rude ass hole like freaking triple a hot shots. No Carter Faisers is probably one of the quietest and sweetest most sensitive seniors you will ever meet in your entire life. It's just that Carter is our toughest and overall most heavieset defender weighing one hundred ninety three pounds, with a average of four clean checks a game. Kid is buff.

"Hey Carter, can you babysit Nelly for me. He's scaring away my business." I nod at two seven-year-old boys clutching one dollar bills, that were standing directly behind Carter, staring up at him in serene awe.

Carter nodded up and down with his ever present determined to beat the shit out of someone expression and his Adams apple bobbing up and down, as he hauled Zane off. I gave a cheeky smile to Zane and the L.

" Awe, Love you too BP!" called Zane blowing a kiss before he was yanked around he corner. I drastically roll my eyes before turning my attention back to the customers.

" How can I help you guys?" I say smiling sweetly and turning back to the stunned second graders. A minute later and two sour patch kids and a couple dum dums later they're gone.

As I turn around and put the money in the register I feel a trail of warm breath sending shivers down my neck and a hand reaches out and tucks my once again loose strand of blonde hair behind the crook of my ear. I whip around and scowl at my six foot one intruder that is standing on the wrong side of the counter.