6. A number.

"Dammit."

"What is it dad?"

"You know that man that came over the other day?"

"You mean the complete stranger you invited into our house? Yeah."

"He left is cane."

"Ah."

"Mhm."

"Did you get his number?" Sigewinne proceeded to interrogate.

"Of course not, it was a simple friendly gesture, I didn't think we'd get along that well." Wriothesley responded as if it was obvious.

"Well, he did say that he'd come back, so why not just give it to him then?" She offered.

"I don't know Winne... Canes are usually pretty important to the person using them," Wriothesley stated.

"If it was that important then he wouldn't have forgotten it." Sigewinne rolled her eyes.

"Oi. Watch the tone." He snapped at her.

"Sorry.. But you have to agree, he won't die without it, plus, he'll come back once he realizes he left it here!!"

"I'll put it by the door, see if he takes it."

"A random person might steal it."

"Who on earth would steal a cane."

"My friends from school."

Wriothesley had a brief thought of switching Sigewinnes school if her friends were like that.

"Well.. I say friends.. More like people I know, I don't really like them," She continued.

Thought discarded. She'll stay. Plus, she's doing well there anyway, her teachers beam at any parents meeting he's gone to, he's found that it's especially the ones that happen to be female that are calling him into have chats about Sigewinne, yet it's always unnecessary praise...

He's not exactly complaining, he's exceedingly proud of her, just a bit of an odd pattern is all. To be honest, if Wriothesley looked on the calendar now he'd probably have another meeting soon, since he hadn't in a while. Oh well, he'll check later. Doesn't matter.

"Dad, are you gonna become friends with the stranger?"

"Winne, he had a name you know,"

"I've forgotten it.."

"Neuvillette." The name rolled off his tongue like he was used to calling it for years, it felt so natural to Wriothesley, which weirded him out a bit.

"Okay! Are you gonna become friends with Neuvillette then??" She re-asked.

"I should hope one day if he decides he wants to see us again, he seems like a very interesting person." Wriothesley smiled.

Sigewinne had to hide a mischievous little smile that crept had onto her face subtly before continuing.

"He helped me with understanding my homework, it was so difficult too! I want him to come over again." She partly fake whined.

"We'll see sweetheart, we can't exactly force him to come back now can we? We'll just have to wait and see what decision he makes about the current situation." Wriothesley answered.

"Yeah alright.. I get your point" Sigewinne said with somewhat disappointment.

"Dad?"

"Mhm?"

"Didn't you mention you had a job interview today at 10?"

"I did, why?"

"It's 9:30."