Coffee Break

I just got out of a meeting, and I'm tired as hell, no pun intended. I sigh as I sit at my desk, laying my head down on the flat surface, the coldness of the metal comforting my pounding headache.

Knock, knock, knock, I hear from the doorway, before the door is opened. I look up to see Val walk in, a mixture of concern and playfulness on his face.

"Wow, you look like shit." Val says, smirking. I scoff and roll my eyes, laying my head back down on my desk.

"That's cuz I'm tired, shitass; I just got out of a meeting, and my head is fucking pounding again." I groan, not in the mood for any of Valentino's bullshit at the moment. Valentino looks at me with even more concern, and sidles up beside me, kneeling down to my level.

"Are you sure you're okay, Vox?" Valentino says softly, placing a gentle hand on my shoulder.

"Yeah, yeah, everything's just peachy." I sigh, the lack of energy very apparent in my tone. Val gently moves his hand to my back and rubs comforting circles, relaxing me a bit. I turn my head to look tiredly at Val.

"How do you always know how to help without me even telling you?" I quip quietly and playfully, chuckling softly.

"Well, it's kind of my job to know how to help you de-stress, wouldn't you agree? You are my dear boyfriend, after all." Val smiles, still rubbing my back as I relax even more. I sit there for a moment, enjoying the comfort, smiling softly to myself.

"You're so cute when you blush; It's sweet." Val chuckles. I jolt upright, glaring at him, feeling my face grow hot.

"I am not!" I huff, digging my nails irritatedly into my desk, embarrassed.

"Whatever you say, Voxxy." Val chuckles again, standing up and kissing me gently on the cheek. I roll my eyes and look away, crossing my arms, still embarrassed. Val grins at me and grabs my hand, pulling me upright.

"C'mon, let's go get you something to wake you up; I figure a nice coffee will do the trick." Val says happily, leading me to the door. I shake my head and sigh, smiling softly at Val's playful antics. It's not all too common for him to be in this good of a mood, but whenever he is, it's always a pleasant surprise I like to play along with.

"Yeah, sure, why not. I guess I could use something to wake me up." I chuckle softly, walking out of my office into the elevator, pushing the button to take us to the lobby as soon as Val walks in right beside me. I sigh and lean against the elevator wall for support, still beyond tired from my busy day, despite it only being 2:00 pm right now. Val puts his arm gently around my shoulder and shifts my support from the wall to himself, smiling as he holds me tightly to him. We stand like that, in blissful silence for a few moments, until the elevator gets to the lobby. Val gently grabs my hand and leads me out of the elevator and out of the lobby, over to the limousine already waiting outside. Val gets in first, sitting me on his lap and hugging me gently, before calling up to the driver to take us to my favorite coffee shop, Hellraising Grounds. I wrap my arms gently around Val, peacefully leaning on him and nestling my head into his shoulder. I stay like this, in a peaceful state of being half awake, for the entire ride. Val then rolls down his window to order me my coffee, and to nobody's surprise, orders my favorite: a White Chocolate, Vanilla Blonde Latte with two shots of espresso.

"You dork, you still remember my favorite order?" I chuckle to Val, amused that he still remembers it, despite it having been several busy months since he's offered to get me coffee.

"Of course I do, baby. I'd remember anything to make you happy, you know." Val quips playfully, gently tickling my side in an endearing way.

"H-hey! Stop that!" I laugh, squirming a little. Val laughs softly and stops, hugging me tightly. I calm my laughter down until I'm just softly giggling, and hug Val back, his presence both comforting and uplifting at the same time. The lady at the drive-through window then hands Val my coffee, and Val rolls up the window as we start the drive back to V Tower. Val hands me my coffee, and I thank him, gently smiling as I take a sip. Val looks at me lovingly, and I smirk back at him.

"Stop looking at me like that, you sap." I chuckle, Val's playfulness rubbing off on me.

"What? Why can't I give My One the loving looks he so deserves?" Val quips with a wink and a smirk. My face turns a bright, beet red, and I can feel my face getting fire-hot.

"W-what did you just call me?" I stammer, almost choking on my coffee.

"My One. Is there something wrong with that?" Val chuckles, though I can tell there's a bit of nervousness in his tone.

"N-no, nothing wrong with it...just...didn't expect you to say that. I...didn't know you felt that way about me." I stammer, still beet red and hot in the face. Val smiles and gently grabs my chin, guiding my gaze into his eyes as he gazes back into mine.

"I always have, Voxxy, and I always will." Val says sweetly, leaning in and softly kissing me on the lips. I return the kiss, closing my eyes and melting into it as I gently wrap my arms around Val's shoulders. We stay like that for a few moments, lips locked in a blissful peace, before I pull away, smiling softly up at Val.

"I love you, Val." I say softly, smiling, not giving a shit that I'm definitely blushing brightly right now.

"I love you too, Voxxy." Val says sweetly in return, holding me close. The limousine arrives back at V Tower, and Val and I walk back inside, hand in hand. Val says his goodbye as he walks back to his studio, leaving me in the lobby. I take another gentle sip of my coffee, smiling softly and happily as I walk back to my office, feeling calm and joyful for the first time in a long time as I savor the little moment Val and I just had, storing it in the middle of my happy memories forever.