Chapter 5

Fienna's story got interrupted by Xalei, who displayed his disgruntled state.

"So you've turned into a mean girl. The bullied becomes the bully. You had a big head. Must it be so lengthy? I mean, this story isn't even about you."

"I was getting to the good part!" Fienna insisted. "Trust the process."

"Whoop-dee-doo. Well, you were mean. You died and that's probably the end of it. We're leaving–" Xalei's arm got smacked by Chalala.

"Stop it!" Chalala hissed. "Let her finish."

"See? Chalala wants to stay and listen!" Fienna hopped. "This is the short version of my story. I cut out a lot!"

"I'm sure you did," Xalei said with a lace of sarcasm.

"Continuing!"

....

 "Fienna, you're too kind for your own good! I wish I were like you!"

Fienna knew the statement held no truth. She stared at the comment on her phone, adjusting her fingers due to the bulky unicorn case.

That's not true. I'm a phony. I'm lying to make myself look good.

In denial, she shook her head.

I'm doing the right thing. Just like everyone else does, this is how you fit in the real world.

The post had nothing to do with Fienna's true personality. It didn't even sound like her.

It went like this:

Today I saw a girl around my age at the park. She lost her wallet and she totally freaked out! She had a deformed face, so no one wanted to help her. She didn't scare me. She's like everyone else. Everyone's beautiful, after all! I made friends with her and lent her my last ten dollars. I hope I can see her again.

Ninety-seven likes on that post alone

Ninety-seven likes on that post alone. Everyone was a fool to believe her. Stupidly, she believed that posting lies about her life was the way to go about it. She deleted her old social media posts and online friends before changing herself.

Well, slivers of herself still appeared from time to time. Every once in a while, she showed her unicorn artwork or selfies of herself in her bedroom. A lot of people adored it and became envious of "having such a cute room".

Her friends tried to invite themselves over, but Fienna always made up excuses that her parents were really strict.

That's a lie in itself as well. I get the heebie-jeebies thinking about how my parents will embarrass me. My parents are wonderful! They don't spoil me and they love me.

Fienna had them fooled as well. They didn't know about Fienna's different behavior at all. At least, she thought they didn't know. If they knew of the cruelty of her rumors, her classmates respected her more out of their fear.